- Description of a table
- Characteristics of a table
- Characteristics of table columns
Describing a report table
To display the table description, select "Table description" in the context menu of a table element (cell belonging to the header, to the data or to the total of table). The following window appears:
This window is used to view:
- in the top section, the name of the table as well as the columns found in the table.
- in the bottom section, either the characteristics of the table if the table name is selected, or the characteristics of the selected column.
Characteristics of a table
Three tabs are displayed in the bottom section if the name of the table is selected. These tabs are used to configure the entire table.
"General" tab: Table settings
The "General" tab is used to define:
- Whether the table rows are breakable and/or auto-resizing.
- If the rows are breakable, they can "overlap" over 2 pages (if the text displayed in the column is very long for example).
- If the rows are auto-resizing, the cells can be expanded in order to display their entire content. If a cell is expanded, all the cells found in the row will also be expanded.
- The position of the table header (block for displaying the header) as well as its characteristics.
- The size and position of the table in the page.
"Border" tab: Table gridlines settings
The "Border" tab is used to define the table gridlines. For a custom setting, you can configure the gridlines of each cell. To do so, display the description of each table cell.
"Style" tab: Table settings
The "Style" tab is used to view and modify the style of the table. Only the values common to all the table cells are displayed. For a custom setting, you have the ability to configure the style of each cell. To do so, display the description of each table cell.
Characteristics of table columns
To display the characteristics of a column, select this column in the top section of the description window.
For each column, the following elements are displayed in the top section:
- The caption of the column. This caption will be displayed in a static control, in the header row of the table. This caption can be left empty.
- The item associated with the column. The corresponding control will be displayed in the data row of the table. This control can be associated with no item in order to be filled through programming for example. The type is automatically updated according to the selected item.
- The type of data displayed in the column.
- The calculation associated with the column. All you have to do is select the type of calculation made on the items displayed in the column. The corresponding calculated control will be displayed in the total row of the table.
Two tabs are displayed in the bottom section if the name of the column is selected. These tabs are used to configure the characteristics of the column:
- "Column" tab: Column settings
The "Column" tab is used to configure the display characteristics of the column: type, mask, ...
- "Binding" tab: Column data binding
The "Binding" tab allows you to set the element of the data source (variable or item) bound to the table column.
This page is also available for…