- Quick overview
- Differences between the standard report editor and "Reports & Queries"
- Standard report editor
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile allow you to create reports with the report editor. The reports can be created with the data coming from:
- a data file found in an analysis or any data file,
- a query result,
- a view on an HFSQL data file,
- a Table control found in a window or in a page,
- a TreeView Table control found in a window or in a page,
- an Organizer or Scheduler control found in a window,
- a text file,
- a variable (variable global to the project or variable used in the current report),
The report editor can also be used to create customizable blank reports.
The method for creating a report is straightforward. A wizard helps you create the report. At the end of the description, the report corresponding to your choices is generated. The report can be run:
- from the editor directly.
- from a site or from an application.
You can modify the layout of the report, add, modify or delete controls. You can also perform specific processes in WLanguage (the programming language of WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile).
The report editor is easy to use. It proposes several features:
- Choosing the destination of report execution:
You can print in a file in PDF, HTML, XML, XLS, RTF or PCL format.
In WEBDEV, this file is saved in a directory accessible in write mode on the server. Then, this file can be displayed on the browser.
In WINDEV, the report can be previewed before it is printed and it can be printed from the preview.
In WINDEV Mobile, the report destination depends on the platform:
- in iOS applications, the report can only be saved as a PDF.
- In Android applications, the report can only be saved as a PDF.
- in UWP applications, the report can only be saved as a PDF.
- Choosing the items to print:
You can choose the items that will be printed (no need to print all of them)
- Ability to print the data of several data files:
The report can contain items coming from several data files. To simplify the data selection, the queries allow you to easily select the data to print.
- Ability to print the data coming from variables:
The report can contain items linked to variables found in the project (global variables) or in the report (local variables). These variables can be simple variables, members of classes, members of structures or members of advanced variables.
- Selecting records:
One or more criteria can be defined to select the records that will be printed. Powerful queries allow you to create reports corresponding to complex selection conditions.
- Sorting records:
You can select the sort conditions according to which records will be displayed. You can even define a break on the sort arguments.
- Printing labels:
You can create and print custom labels
- Custom calculations:
You can add custom calculations to your report (VAT, ...)
- Totals and counters:
You can add totals and counters on the controls (calculated controls or controls linked to items). These totals and counters can be general, intermediate, by break, ...
- Images, borders, background colors:
You can improve the report layout by adding charts, images, borders and background colors.
- Choosing fonts:
The controls found in your report can have different fonts, different colors, ...
- Configuring the page headers and footers:
Various information (date, page number, total number of pages, ...) can be displayed in the page headers and footers. Different page headers and page footers can be defined in a report (even page footer and odd page footer for example).
- Printing grouped reports:
Several methods can be used to print several reports in the same output (in the same PDF file for example):
- the nesting of reports,
- the internal reports,
- the composite reports,
- the sequence of reports.
- Choosing the number of columns:
The data found in your report can be printed in several columns.
Differences between the standard report editor and "Reports & Queries"
Two versions of report editor are available:
- the standard report editor.
This version is provided with WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile. This version can only be used when developing a WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile application, or a WEBDEV site.
- the user version of the report editor (also called Reports & Queries). This editor is provided with WINDEV only.
This version is independent of WINDEV and it can be used by the end users.
Some features of report editor are not available in this version.
The icon indicates the differences between the user version of the report editor and the standard report editor.
Standard report editor
The standard query editor allows you to create reports and to run these reports from the editor or from an application developed with WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV.
The dongle of the product used is required to use the report editor. It must be plugged into the parallel port of your computer when using the editor.
No dongle is required by the end users to run a report from a WINDEV, WINDEV Mobile or WEBDEV application.
Several examples are supplied with the standard report editor. These examples describe the main reports that can be used in your applications (invoice, list, labels, ...).
To find out the list of examples for using reports:
- Display the home page (Ctrl + <).
- Type the "Report" keyword.
- The list of examples for using reports is displayed.
Check these examples, they will teach you a lot and you will be able to use them when you create your own reports!
Reports & Queries and the standard report editor are supplied with the same online help. The online help is proposed:
- in the format of a local help. The necessary files are installed on the development computer.
- in the format of an Internet help. This help can be accessed from any computer equipped with an Internet access. This help is updated on a regular basis.
To access the online help, use one of the following methods:
- on the "Home" tab, in the "Online help" group, expand "Help" and select "Help index".
- press F1.
To modify the type of online help used:
- On the "Tools" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of XXX".
- In the "Help" tab, select the access mode to the help database : "Use the online help" or "Use the local help" as well as the desired language.
- Installing the standard report editor: The standard report editor is automatically installed with WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
- Installing Reports & Queries: To install Reports & Queries, follow the instructions given when installing the WINDEV application.
Minimum configuration required for Reports & Queries
Reports & Queries must be installed on a computer with the following characteristics:
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or more recommended).
- 800 MB of disk space.
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 or later.
The product setup wizard proposes you to register your product. This registration is very important. It allows you to benefit from the various free services that PC SOFT offers to its customers: free Technical Support, information about new releases, product upgrades, and more.
This registration can also be done directly from the product used: on the "Home" tab, in the "Online help" group, expand "Help" and select "Register product".
|If you are using Reports & Queries, you can subscribe to "Direct Assistance®" to benefit from custom assistance by phone. Contact our Sales Department for more details regarding the "Assistance Directe®"|
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment