- What are the elements of a report?
- Simplified definition of a report
A report provides a custom view of data
: data entered in the database, data found in a text file, data coming from a Table control, ...
Depending on the product used, the data found in the report can be displayed in different formats:
- In WINDEV:
- In a Windows application, a report can be displayed on the screen, saved in an HTML file, printed on a printer, ...
- In a Linux application, a report can be saved in a PDF file.
- In WEBDEV, a report can be saved in a file (HTML or PDF), sent by email, displayed in the browser of the Web user or printed on a printer connected to the server, ...
- In WINDEV Mobile:
- In an iOS application, a report can be saved in a PDF file.
- In an application in Universal Windows App mode, a report can be saved in a PDF file.
- In an Android application, a report can be saved in a PDF file.
What are the elements of a report?
A report includes:
- blocks that define the different sections of the report (for more details, see Report blocks).
- controls in which the report data is displayed (for more details, see Report controls).
A report can be used to summarize and synthesize data. You can:
- group data,
- sort data according to any criterion,
- perform calculations (means, statistics) or create charts,
- display the data in several columns.
Just think of a report and the report editor will create it.
Some examples of reports:
Order form (print preview on WINDEV)
Simplified definition of a report
The diagrams below present a simple definition of a report:
- the data to print comes from a data source (data file, HFSQL view, query, memory area, WLanguage variable or text file, etc.).
- the report groups, sorts and formats the data.
- the report execution can be directed to:
- in WINDEV: the screen, a file (PDF, HTML, RTF), a printer or a fax, ...
- in WEBDEV: a file( HTML, RTF, PDF, etc.), a printer or a fax, ... If the report destination is a file, this file can be sent to the browser.
- in WINDEV Mobile: a PDF file (for iOS, Android, or Universal Windows Apps).
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment