- Specific features of print in PDF format
- General advice
- Availability of controls in the reports
- Control in RTF
- PDF in report background
- Print in PDF/A-1b format
Printing in PDF format: Special cases
Specific features of print in PDF format
For a better rendering, use TrueType or OpenType fonts.
Caution: the OpenType fonts are not incorporated in the generated PDF. These fonts must be installed on the user computer to get a correct rendering.
Control in RTF
iParameter associated with the "RTFWINDOWS=NO" parameter or with the iRTFWithImagesAndTables constant is used to properly print the tables and images found in RTF controls.
- The static control in RTF format may be truncated during a page break.
- The arrays found in an RTF control are not printed.
- The images used in the RTF controls are not printed.
The RTF controls and the RTF options are not available.
PDF in report background
A PDF cannot be used in background image of the report.
Print in PDF/A-1b format
- The transparency of images is not supported:
- If the image contains a transparent background in its format, the image will be drawn on a white background.
- If the "Transparent magenta" color is used, the image rendering may differ in the generated PDF.
- The "Opentype" fonts are not supported because the "Opentype" fonts cannot be incorporated in the generated PDF.
- All fonts use must be incorporated in the generated PDF and they must contain all displayed characters.
- In Windows, if characters are missing, the substitution font used is "Arial Unicode ms".
- In Linux, if characters are missing, an error is displayed.
Tip: How to find out whether the print in PDF/1-1b format is correct?
- If the print is performed from a report, you have the ability to enable the GUI errors specific to this format ("Options" tab in the description window of the report, "Enable the errors specific to the PDF/A-1b export" option).
- During a dynamic audit, the errors specific to the PDF/A-1b management are detected and displayed.
This page is also available for…