- Operating mode
- Printing the report created by the developer
- Direct print of the content of the pivot table
- Customizing the setting window for printing the Pivot Table control
Printing the content of a pivot table (AAF)
Pivot Table controls have an automatic context menu that allows users to perform different operations on the data displayed in the control.
One of the options in this context menu allows users to print the content of the Pivot Table control ("Print").
Several cases may occur:
- If a report was created on this Pivot Table control by the developer, this report is printed.
- If no report is linked to this Pivot Table control, the user can print the content of the Pivot Table control.
- The "Print" option in the context menu of Pivot Table controls requires the WINDEV framework print libraries.
- AAFExecute associated with the aafPrintPvt constant is used to print the specified Pivot Table control.
- AAFDisable associated with the aafPrintPvt removes the "Print" option for the specified Pivot Table control.
- AAFChangeCaption associated with the aafPrintPvt changes the text of the "Print" option for the specified Pivot Table control.
Printing the report created by the developer
If a report was created on the Pivot Table control by the developer, the "Print" option will be used to print this report. No specific programming is required.
Direct print of the content of the pivot table
A window allows the user to print in portrait or landscape mode.
The content of the pivot table is directly displayed in the report viewer.
If the number of rows found in the Pivot Table control is quite important (more than 10 000 rows), the application asks the user for confirmation (the print may be quite long and it may use a lot of memory).
The print characteristics are as follows:
- The title of the print corresponds to the title of the Pivot Table control. If no title has been specified for the Pivot Table control, the title of the window is used.
- The column titles are printed on each page.
- The background color of the cells will be the same as the one defined in the Pivot Table control.
- Today's date is printed in the upper-right corner.
- The number of the current page and the total number of pages are printed in the bottom right corner.
Customizing the setting window for printing the Pivot Table control
WINDEV allows you to include the Pivot Table print settings window used by the AAF in your application. You will have the ability to customize:
- the appearance of this window (modification of skin template for example),
- the languages supported by this window. This feature is very useful when translating this window into the different languages available in the application.
To include the window for configuring the print in your application:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Import" and select "WINDEV elements and their dependencies".
- Select the subdirectory that contains the elements to import. The print settings window is located in the "Programs\Data\Preset windows\AAF" subdirectory of the WINDEV setup directory.
- WINDEV lists the elements of the directory. This directory contains the different elements corresponding to the customizable AAFs. The window to import is named "WinDevAaf_ConfigPVTPrint.wdw".
- Validate. The window is included in the project and it can be modified. This custom window will be automatically taken into account when running the application.
- The window must not be renamed.
- If this window is included in your application, you may not benefit from the improvements made to this window during the different updates. Don't forget to check whether this window has evolved.
- Caution: To modify this window, the corresponding file must not be read-only. Modify the characteristics of the file in Windows if necessary.