- Special case
- Features specific to Android and Android widget
In french: sListePort
Returns the list of serial and parallel ports on the computer.
Only the serial ports of the device are listed (if any).
// Load the names of the serial ports on the computer in a Combo Box control.
SerialPortNames is array of strings = sListPort(1)
FOR EACH sPort IN SerialPortNames
<Result> = sListPort([<Type>])
<Result>: Array of strings
Array of strings that contains the names of the sought ports.
<Type>: Optional integer
Type of port to be listed:
- 0 (default value) : Lists serial and parallel ports.
- 1 : Lists serial ports.
- 2: Lists parallel ports.
On some Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, etc.), the user must be in the dialout group to be able to use serial ports.
returns nothing when it should, make sure you have added the current user to this group with the following shell command :
sudo usermod -a -G dialout USER_NAME
Features specific to Android and Android widget
In Android and Android widget mode, the serial and parallel port functions can be used:
- Only on serial (not parallel or infrared) ports.
- Only with devices that support the CDC/ACM protocol (Arduino ATmega32U4) and the following USB to serial converter chips:
- FTDI FT232R, FT232H, FT2232H, FT4232H, FT230X, FT231X, FT234XD
- Silabs CP210x
- Qinheng CH340, CH341A
- Prolific PL2303
Business / UI classification: Business Logic
This page is also available for…