- Management of '&'
In french: <Image>.DessineTexte
Draws a text in an Image control.
: A specific configuration is required to use this function in Linux. For more details, see The drawings
// Draw a text in light yellow
IMG_Drawing.DrawText(10, 20, "Easy development", LightYellow)
<Image control>.DrawText(<X-coordinate> , <Y-coordinate> , <Text> [, <Text color> [, <Management of &>]])
<Image control>: Control name
Name of the Image control to be used.
X-coordinate of text to draw (in pixels).
Y-coordinate of text to draw (in pixels).
<Text>: Type corresponding to the text to draw
Text to draw. This text can be:
- a string (without formatting marks such as TAB, CR, etc.),
- a numeric.
<Text color>: Integer or constant (optional)
Text color to use. This color can correspond to:
If this parameter is not specified, the color of the text:
- is Black if <Image>.Pen has not been used beforehand,
- corresponds to the color specified in the last call to <Image>.Pen.
<Management of &>: Optional boolean
- True (default value) if the "&" character must not be interpreted as an underline operator.
- False if the "&" character must be interpreted as an underline operator: the character following the "&" character will be underlined.
- The font used is "MS Sans Serif" (size 13).
- The writing direction is horizontal (from left to right).
- The coordinates of the upper-left corner of the image are (0,0).
- The "&" character is not interpreted.
To modify these parameters, use <Image>.Font
The default font may differ according to the system on which the application is run.
Coordinates are specified with respect to the upper-left corner of the Image control (coordinates: (0,0)).
The coordinates correspond to the upper-left corner of the rectangle into which the text will be drawn. The precise location of the text in this rectangle depends on the size, shape and attributes of the font.
Management of '&'
The parameter <Management of & > makes it possible to manage the use of the '&' character.
- the "&" character must not be interpreted as an underline operator. For example:
IMG_Drawing.DrawText(10, 10, "Tom&Jerry", LightRed, True)
will display "Tom&Jerry".
- the "&" character must be interpreted as an underline operator: the character following the "&" character will be underlined. For example:
IMG_Drawing.DrawText(10, 10, "&Edit", LightRed, False)
will display "Edit".
Unit examples (WINDEV): The drawing functions
[ + ]
Using the main drawing functions of WINDEV to:
- Initialize an Image control for drawing
- Draw simple shapes
- Write a text into a drawing
- Change the color in a drawing
Business / UI classification: Neutral code
This page is also available for…