Indicates the "Bing map" license key that will be used in the Map controls used in Universal Windows 10 App mode.
// Project initialization
<key>: Character string
Key supplied by Bing.
Getting a Bing key
In the Universal Windows 10 App applications, the Map control is using the "Bing Map" service.
To use this service, you must get a Bing Map license key.
To get a Bing Map license key:
- Register on https://www.bingmapsportal.com/.
- In the "My Account" menu, select "Create or view keys".
- Specify the requested information:
- Application name.
- Type of key.
- Type of application: "Universal Windows App".
- Click "Create".
- The generated key is displayed in the browser. The "Copy key" link is used to copy the key.
- This function allows you to specify the license to use in order for the provider of Bing maps to allow the application to access the extended features (markers, itineraries, ...).
- The license is applied to all the Map controls of the application. It will not be used for all the new Map controls created after the call to the function.
- It is recommended to use MapLicenseBing in the initialization code of the project.