- The options of the User Groupware
- Implementing the User Groupware in your application
- Options of the "General" tab
- Type of groupware
- Start mode
- Options in the "Options" tab
- Groupware customization
- Automatic login in test mode
- File language
- Password of data files
- "Files" tab (Standard User Groupware)
- Type of database ("Automatic start" mode only)
- Type of authentication
- "OAuth" tab (Standard User Groupware)
- "BaaS" tab (BaaS User Groupware)
- "Email" tab (BaaS User Groupware)
User Groupware (WINDEV and WEBDEV): Options and settings
An application is often intended to be used by several users connected via a network. Similarly, a site is always intended to be used by several Web users. In most cases, different access levels must be defined according to the user or to the Web user.
To manage these access levels in your WINDEV applications or WEBDEV sites, simply include the User Groupware. In just a few clicks, a standard application can be transformed into an application that manages several access levels. This feature can be easily implemented.
The options of the User Groupware
Implementing the User Groupware in your application
To implement the User Groupware in your application or site:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, click "User Groupware".
- In the description window of the current project configuration, in "User Groupware: Disabled", click "Change".
- In the window that appears, enable the User Groupware. You can configure the User Groupware for your application or site in the different tabs of this window. This configuration is presented in the following paragraphs.
- Validate. The User Groupware is integrated into your project.
- An administrator account will be created during the first execution of application or site under the "supervisor" name. Then, the corresponding password can be specified.
Options of the "General" tab
The "General" tab allows you to enable or disable the User Groupware in the current project configuration. This tab includes the following options:
- Type of groupware,
- Start mode
- User account.
Let's take a closer look at these options.
Type of groupware
There are various types of groupware:
- Standard User Groupware: The User Groupware will be integrated in its "Standard" version: the User Groupware will be associated only to your application or site, and the rights will be defined from the application or site.
If this option is selected, two specific tabs are displayed:
- the "Files" tab, which allows you to specify the type of database and authentication used.
- the "OAuth" tab, which allows you to specify the connection services available to users.
- BaaS User Groupware: This option allows you to integrate a BaaS (Backend as a Service) User Groupware and manage rights via a server.
If this option is selected, two specific tabs are displayed:
- the "BaaS" tab, which allows you specify the characteristics of the BaaS server, the user accounts and the URLs of the administration sites.
- the "Email" tab, which allows you to customize the messages to be sent to users (registration validation or password reset emails).
BaaS User Groupware: Required configuration:
Two cases may occur:
- If you are using a PCSCloud platform: the required elements are installed by default on your platform.
Reminder: PCSCloud is a paid, turnkey solution. For more details, see PCSCloud.
- If you are not using a PCSCloud platform: install the following elements:
For more details, see Configuring a BaaS server (User Groupware and Private Store).
- an HFSQL server,
- the reserved server, including the modules for the Mobile User Groupware (WDBaaS).
Several start modes are available:
- The "Automatic start" option indicates that the User Groupware is started at the same time as the application or site.
The login window or page of the User Groupware is displayed before any other window/page of the application. The initialization code of project is run when the login window/page is opened and validated.
- The "Manual start (through programming)" option allows you to define when the User Groupware should be started.
The login window or page will only be opened if gpwOpen (or gpwLogin) is used. This option is used to run the initialization code of project before opening the login window/page. This option is useful for a multilingual application for example: A window or a page can be displayed to request the runtime language of the application.
- The "Manual start via a control template" option is used to integrate the User Groupware connection page in the site. This allows you to work with the automatic User Groupware (and to benefit from its updates) while being able to customize the connection page.
If this option is selected, the internal component named WDGPU_WB_CNX is included in your project. This component contains a control template ("TPLC_GPU_Connection") that is used to manage the connection. Simply include this control template in the desired pages (or templates) via Drag and Drop.
After integration, you have the ability to customize this control template:
- by overloading the controls and/or the processes for small modifications,
- by modifying the control template for more important modifications.
Options in the "Options" tab
There are several modes to customize the User Groupware in your application or site:
- No customization:
WINDEV and WEBDEV take care of everything. All you have to do is start the application or the site to configure the user access.
Remark: This option is compatible with the integrated User Groupware (option "Manual start via control template").
- Customize login UI:
The login/register window or page is automatically integrated into your application.
- The internal component named WDGPU_WB is included in your project. This component contains all the pages, page templates, control templates and procedures necessary for user authentication. This allows you to fully customize all the login pages used by the User Groupware.
- Full customization (expert mode) - Standard User Groupware only:
The programming of the User Groupware is automatically included in your application.
- The internal component named WDGPU_WB is included in your project. This component contains an analysis as well as all the pages, queries, classes and procedures required to manage the User Groupware. This allows you to customize all the pages used by the User Groupware.
The security options are as follows:
- Allow opening windows and reports by default: This option allows all users to open windows and reports by default. In this case, simply specify which elements will not be accessible when configuring the rights.
Automatic login in test mode
Specify the login and password that will be used in automated test
mode. This information will be used if an automated test is run on the application.
By default, data files specific to the User Groupware are in English, but you can use data files in French.
Password of data files
By default, the data files found in the User Groupware have a specific password. This password is: "PCSGPW2001".
To change this password, enter the new password. The characters typed are hidden.
- The new password is taken into account only if it is changed before the User Groupware data files are created.
- This password is used when the files are re-indexed or when the files are opened by WDMAP.
"Files" tab (Standard User Groupware)
Type of database ("Automatic start" mode only)
The User Groupware handles data files used to identify the users and to define their rights.
These files can be:
- in HFSQL Classic format (by default). The data file directory must be specified.
- in HFSQL Client/Server format. The characteristics of the connection to the HFSQL server must be specified as well as the directory of the different categories of files.
Important: The location information will be applied in "Automatic start" mode only. If you chose the "Manual start (through programming)" mode for the groupware, call gpwOpen
Type of authentication
There are different types of authentication:
- Authentication entirely managed by the User Groupware.
- Authentication from an LDAP directory or Active Directory.
This option avoids duplicating usernames and passwords by using the users from the LDAP directory. In this case, the connection characteristics must be specified (see below).
For an authentication from an LDAP directory or an Active Directory, you must configure the characteristics of the LDAP server used for tests (and at runtime). The requested information is:
- Server address
- Port number of server.
- Version of contacted LDAP server.
In the code, simply use gpwOpenLDAPSession
- The User Groupware works with Active Directory. It does not operate with openLDAP.
- When the server port corresponds to port 636, the connection is automatically made in "Negociate" mode.
There are several options depending on the type of authentication chosen:
- Login window only (no management of rights): This option is only available for LDAP and Windows authentication.
In this case, no groupware file will be created. If the application is started in automatic mode, the user will need to log in. If the user is saved in the LDAP directory or in Windows, the application will start ; otherwise, it will be closed. A supervisor cannot configure the rights on the windows or pages. If this option is not checked, the identification is performed with management of rights: only the users found in the LDAP directory will be able to connect. The rights can be configured on the windows or pages.
"OAuth" tab (Standard User Groupware)
In the "Standard" User Groupware, the "OAuth" tab allows you to authorize the use of a specific connection service. For the specified service, it is necessary to specify the corresponding identifiers (provided when registering the application with the selected service).
"BaaS" tab (BaaS User Groupware)
The "BaaS" tab allows you to define all the options necessary to manage rights from a specific site:
- In "GPU application server (webservice and administration site)", specify the server to use. In the case of a new server, select the type of server:
- PCSCloud platform. In this case, specify the characteristics of your PCSCloud platform.
Reminder: This option allows you to use a Web server, a dedicated server and an HFSQL Client/Server engine already installed and configured.
- Network or Internet server with the protocol used. Enter the server name, user and password. This information was provided to you during the setup of the server reserved for the User Groupware/Private Store.
- Specify the type of user accounts managed:
- Accounts shared between applications: This option is used to deploy the application with other applications that will be accessible to the same users. This option is recommended for deployments in different companies.
- Application-specific accounts: This option is used to store the application with its user database.
This option is recommended for deploying applications on a store.
- The URLs of administration sites are automatically filled in with the information previously specified.
CAUTION: The specified URLs will only work when the User Groupware configuration window is validated. Indeed, when this window is validated, the modules installed with the reserved application server are automatically configured.
"Email" tab (BaaS User Groupware)
The "Email" tab allows you to configure email customization options:
- Registration validation: If necessary, customize the messages sent to newly registered users.
- Forgotten password: If necessary, customize the messages sent to users who forget their password.
This page is also available for…
Para migrar para a base de dados nativa precisa da senha dos arquivos do groupware
To migrate to the native database you need the groupware files password. By default, the data files found in the user groupware have a specific password.
This password is: "PCSGPW2001".
Para migrar para a base de dados nativa precisa da senha dos arquivos do groupware. Por padrão, os arquivos de dados encontrados no groupware de usuários possuem uma senha específica.
Esta senha é: "PCSGPW2001".
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO CHANGE THE PADREO PASSWORD
ALTAMENTE RECOMENDADO ALTERAR A SENHA PADRAO