- Use conditions
- Android generation wizard
Android: Conditions for using the Map control (before version 180056)
Up to version 180046 of WINDEV Mobile
, the Google Maps API v1 library was required to use a Map control in an Android application.
This library is pre-installed on most of the phones and tablets. All you have to do is get a key generated from the certificate used to sign the application in order to use it in the application. This help page presents the different steps that must be performed to generate the key.
The version 1 of this library was depreciated by Google on December 3, 2012. From March 3, 2013, it will no longer be possible to generate new keys in order to use the library in version 1. However, the existing applications will continue to operate ; you will have the ability to re-use the keys previously generated in other applications providing that they are signed with the same certificate as the one used to generate the key.
From version 180056 of WINDEV Mobile
: From March 3 2013, the version 2 of the library will have to be used for the applications that do not include a Google Maps API v1 key.
The steps for using this new library in an Android application are different and more complicated. For more details, see Conditions for using a Map control from version 180056
In Android, the Map control is using the Google Maps API library.
To use a Map control, this library must be found on the device and/or on the emulator where the application is installed. Otherwise, a fatal WLanguage error will occur when opening the windows containing a Map control.
The Map control displays data coming from the Google Maps service.
To display data coming from the Google Maps service, you must register with this service and accept the use conditions in order to get a key allowing you to access the cartographic data.
This registration is free.
A Google account is required to get a key.
However, a registration plane is displayed in the wizard for Android generation in order to simplify this procedure.
Android generation wizard
If your application contains one or more Map controls, the wizard for generating the Android application proposes to simplify the operations required to comply with the use conditions.
- If you own a Google Maps API key, type it. Otherwise, click "Get a key".
- Three steps are required to get the key:
- Enter the generated key and validate the window.
- The Google Maps API key is automatically carried over in the wizard. If you are using a SDK version 2.1 or later, the wizard proposes the behavior to adopt if the Google Maps library is not found on the setup device. You can:
- Allow the setup of the application. In this case, if the window containing the Map control is opened, the application will display a fatal error.
- Block the setup of the application.
- Go to the next plane. The archive is generated.
Caution: An error is displayed if the Google Maps API library is not installed on the computer. This library can be installed via the Android SDK manager.