- Window control
- Creating an Organization Chart control
- Description of an Organization chart
- Control options
- Customizing the element area: color, translation, etc.
- Modes for filling an Organization Chart control
- Printing an organization chart
- Automatic Application Features (AAF) for an Organization Chart control
The Organization Chart control
The Organization Chart control is used to represent elements in a hierarchical way.
- the contributors of a company according to their position.
- the different branches of a group with their inter-dependencies.
- the different steps of a manufacturing process, ...
Creating an Organization Chart control
To create an Organization Chart control:
Remark: The dimensions of the control are optimized to take up the available space at the specified position. If the control size does not suit you, press Ctrl + Z: the control size will be reset to default.
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Graphic controls" group, click "Organization chart".
- Click at the desired location to create the control. The Organization Chart control creation wizard starts. Select the different control characteristics and validate. The control is automatically created.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Description of an Organization chart
The Organization Chart control can be configured in the editor via the description window ("General" tab).
The parameters of the organization chart are as follows:
- Orientation: The organization chart can be displayed horizontally (from left to right or from right to left) or vertically (from top to bottom or from bottom to top).
- Type of arrow: The arrow can point to the child elements, to the parent element or in both directions.
- Internal windows for the elements: Internal window used to customize the appearance of the elements found in the organization chart (see below).
- Minimum width and height of elements: minimum size of the elements found in the Organization Chart control.
- Move over several rows from. If the number of elements is greater than the number specified, the elements will be displayed over several lines (or columns depending on the orientation of control).
Customizing the element area: color, translation, etc.
In the Organization Chart control, each element is displayed in a specific area. You have the ability to translate and customize this area: title color, background color of the element, ...
To customize the display of elements:
- Open the Organization Chart control description window.
- In the "General" tab, select the internal window used for the elements:
- "None": the default display will be used.
- "Preset window":
If this option is selected, the WDAAF internal component is immediately added to the current project. The "IW_WinDevViewOrgElement" internal window is automatically associated to the "Internal windows for the elements" option.
Remark: If the WDAAF component already exists, only the window is added to the component.
- an existing internal window of your project.
- If necessary, validate the control description window.
- The custom internal window is available in the "Project explorer" pane, in the "Internal components" folder. It can be modified in the window editor.
- If you are using an internal window of your project, this internal window must manage the display of the element characteristics in the different controls of this internal window. For more details, see the declaration code of the global variables found in the preset internal window.
Modes for filling an Organization Chart control
An Organization Chart control can be filled:
Printing an organization chart
To print an Organization Chart control:
- the end user can select an option in the context menu to save the organization chart as an image (Automatic Application Feature). Then, they will have the ability to print this image.
- through programming, OrgSaveImage is used to create the image of the organization chart in an image file. Then, the application can print the image via a report, send it it by email, etc.
Automatic Application Features (AAF) for an Organization Chart control
The Organization Chart control includes several AAFs (Automatic Application Features).
The user can:
- zoom by using the "Ctrl + mouse wheel" shortcut.
- move in the organization chart with the mouse.
- use the "range sliders" available on the sides of the control to zoom and move.
- save the organization chart in an image (to print it for example) via the context menu of the control.
Training (WINDEV): WD Flowchart
[ + ]
This example is used to create organization charts.
An organization chart is used to indicate the repartition of the managers within a company and the relationships that exist between these managers.