Opens the form of a contact in edit mode in the device's native contacts application (Android, iPhone, iPad, Universal Windows).
// Open the current contact's form in edit mode
// Global variables
gCurrentContact is Contact
// - Click on BTN_Modify
// Starts editing the contact
Opening a contact form in edit mode Hide the details
<Result> = ContactEdit(<Contact>)
- True if the contact was modified,
- False otherwise. If an error occurs, the ErrorOccurred variable is set to True. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
- True if the user interface is displayed,
- False otherwise.
<Contact>: Contact variable
Name of the Contact variable corresponding to the contact whose form will be opened. This contact must exist in the database of contacts found on the device.
- ContactEdit is a non-blocking function.
- To update the Contact variable with the details of the contact that was previously edited, use ContactRead.
- ContactEdit can be used in the emulator. It cannot be used in the simulator.
Required application feature
When this function is used, an application feature is declared in the application generation wizard.
Required feature: Contacts
This feature allows the applications to access the contacts.
Business / UI classification: Business Logic