- Control found in a window, page or report
- Creating a Scheduler control (window and page editor)
- Describing a scheduler (window and page editor)
- The control options (window editor and page editor)
- A deletable appointment
- Modes for filling a Scheduler control
Control found in a window, page or report
The Scheduler control is used to automatically display and handle schedules. It is used to manage the display of multiple resources and it is used in several applications or sites.
The display is performed:
- on a daily, weekly or montly basis,
The time period, the first day of the week and the number of days to display can be configured. These parameters can be easily defined in the control description window.
: Scheduler controls are also available in Scheduler reports. For more details on how schedulers work in reports, see Scheduler report
Creating a Scheduler control (window and page editor)
To create a Scheduler control
Remark: The dimensions of the control are optimized to take up the available space at the specified position. If the control size does not suit you, press Ctrl + Z: the control size will be reset to default.
- On the "Creation" tab, in the "Graphic controls" group, expand "Time" and select "Scheduler".
- Click where the control will be created in the window or page.
- The Scheduler control creation wizard starts. Answer the questions and validate.
- The control appears in the editor.
To view the characteristics of the control, select "Description" in the context menu.
Describing a scheduler (window and page editor)
The control options (window editor and page editor)
The Scheduler control can be customized in the editor via the description window ("Details" tab).
The parameters of the Scheduler control are as follows:
- With buttons to change the time range: This option is used to display buttons in order for the user to scroll the different periods of the schedule. These buttons are displayed at the top left of schedule.
- Number of days to display: By default, the display is performed on a monthly basis but a schedule can also be displayed on a daily basis, on a weekly basis (on 5 or 7 days), according to the number of appointments or according to a specified number of days.
- Resource display mode: By default, resources are displayed in rows.
They can also be displayed in columns.
- Time display: Used to define:
- the format of the date displayed for the "day" columns (or rows) of the scheduler.
- whether the time must be displayed or not in the control.
- the format of the time displayed for the "day" columns (or rows) of scheduler.
- whether the week number must be displayed or not, as well as its format. In the format, the '%1' string corresponds to the week number. Example of format: "Wk. %1".
- Time slot: Used to define:
- the visible time period: Time period that will be displayed in the control.
- the working time period: Time period for which an appointment can be defined.
- Appointments: Used to specify the characteristics of the appointments:
- Overlap: Appointment overlap options. The appointments can be displayed side by side or slightly shifted.
- Appointment granularity: Precision for displaying the schedule. By default, the granularity is set to 30 minutes.
You can define:
- the granularity regarding the move of an appointment.
- the granularity of the appointment duration, which means the minimum duration of an appointment. Caution: by default, this duration is set to 24 hours.
- Other parameters:
- Allow direct input of an appointment: Allows the user to add an appointment directly.
To do so, click the Scheduler control to create the appointment and enter its caption via the keyboard.
- Display and allow the appointments for the entire day: Used to specify that an appointment can correspond to a whole day. In this case, a specific area is displayed in the Scheduler control. This area is used to enter the daily appointments.
- if the schedule is displayed with the resources in rows:
- if the schedule is displayed with the resources in columns:
The edit options via the mouse are as follows:
- Change duration. You can allow (or not) the user to modify the appointment duration.
- Move. You can allow (or not) the user to move an appointment.
The options regarding the dimension of areas are as follows:
- if the resources are displayed in rows:
- Minimum width of an hour. The width of the day is calculated according to the number of hours displayed.
- Minimum height of a resource.
- Width of the resource header.
- if the resources are displayed in columns:
- Minimum width of the resource.
- Time minimum height. The height of the day is calculated according to the number of hours displayed.
- Height of the break (for changing day)
Most of these parameters can be modified through programming. For more details, see Properties associated with the Scheduler control
A deletable appointment
The Scheduler control allows the user to delete the selected appointment via the red cross displayed in the upper-right corner of appointment.
When the user clicks this cross:
- the appointment is deleted from the Scheduler control.
- if the Scheduler control is linked to a data file or to a variable, the appointment is deleted from the data file.
Remark: If the control is linked to a variable or to a data file, you can prevent the deletion ("Allow the deletion (also deletes from the data source)" option in the "Content" tab of the control description window).
To customize the display of appointments:
- Open the Scheduler control description window.
- In the "General" tab, select the internal window used for the appointments:
- "None": the default display will be used.
- "Preset window": a preset window is automatically added to the project.
- The internal window is available in the project explorer. It can be modified in the window editor.
Caution: this internal window can only be used to customize the drawing regarding the display of appointments. Only the "Global declarations" event is executed. No other events are executed. Therefore, you cannot add buttons with a specific click code.
- You also have the ability to use any internal window of your project.
- If you are using the suggested preset window, the style options of the appointment (selected in the "Style" tag) are applied.
Modes for filling a Scheduler control
A Scheduler control can be filled:
Complete examples (WINDEV): WD Schedule
[ + ]
This example presents the management of a graphic schedule.
The following topics are presented in this example:
1/ the scheduler control
2/ the Google Calendar functions
Unit examples (WEBDEV): The Scheduler control
[ + ]
This example explains how to use the Scheduler control. Two uses are presented:
- Filling the schedule by programming,
- Filling the schedule by databinding from a code variable.
Complete examples (WEBDEV): WW_Schedule
[ + ]
This example is used to dynamically display the tasks of the different contributors.
You have the ability to add, modify or delete tasks by clicking the schedule elements.
All the operations are performed via AJAX.
This example is also used to move a control by programming.
This page is also available for…