Adds a new network to the list of Wi-Fi networks configured on the device. Then, WiFiConnect
is used to connect the device to the added Wi-Fi network.
Remark: The Wi-Fi access is not available in the Android emulator.
Caution: This feature is available up to Android 9. From Android 10, this information is no longer available: this function causes a fatal error. It is recommended to test the Android version used via SysAndroidVersion
Identifier is string
Identifier = WiFiAddNetwork("SSID", "BSSID", wifiSecurityWPA, "pwd", True)
IF Identifier <> " " THEN
<Result> = WiFiAddNetwork(<SSID> , <BSSID> , <Security> [, <Key> [, <Permanent>]])
<Result>: Character string
- Network identifier of the new network.
- Empty string if the network was not created. ErrorInfo returns more details about the problem.
Remark: If the added network corresponds to a network that is already configured on the device, <Result>corresponds to the identifier of the existing network.
<SSID>: Character string (with quotes)
SSID (Service Set Identifier) of Wi-Fi network.
<BSSID>: Character string (with quotes)
BSSID (Basic Service Set Identifier) of the access point associated with the network.
<Security>: Character String constant
Type of security used by the Wi-Fi network:
|wifiSecurityNone||No security is used.|
|wifiSecurityWEP||Security based on a WEP key (Wired Equivalent Privacy)|
|wifiSecurityWPA||Security that is using the WPA mechanism (Wi-Fi Protected Access).|
|wifiSecurityWPA2||Security that is using the WPA2 mechanism (Wi-Fi Protected Access).|
|wifiSecurityWPA_EAP||Security that is using the WPA mechanism (Wi-Fi Protected Access) and the EAP mechanism (Extensible Authentication Protocol).|
|wifiSecurityIEEE8021X||Security that is using the IEEE 802.1x standard.|
<Key>: Optional character string
Key used to connect to the secured network. The key is mandatory if the type of the specified security protocol is WPA or WPA2.
<Permanent>: Optional boolean
Indicates whether the addition of the network is permanent:
- True: the added network will be permanently stored on the device.
- False (default value): the added network will not be kept when the device is restarted.
- If the added network is permanently stored on the device (<Permanent> set to True), the identifiers assigned to each one of the networks can be modified after the execution of WiFiAddNetwork. Use WiFiListNetwork to find out the new identifiers.
- To delete a network from the list of networks configured on the device, use WiFiDeleteNetwork.
The call to this function modifies the permissions required by the application.
Required permissions :
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: allows the applications to access the information regarding the Wi-Fi networks.
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE: allows the applications to modify the Wi-Fi connectivity status.
Cross-platform examples (WINDEV Mobile): WM_System