- Installing the replication server
- Installing a pack
- Access rights
- Using the site for configuring the replications
- Account management
- Managing the publications
- Managing the subscriptions
Replication server for the assisted universal replication
The assisted universal replication can use a replication server.
In this case, the replication is performed via the replication server. The transfer of replicas is automatically managed.
The replication via server can be performed with immediate replica: in this case, the data is immediately synchronized. The subscriber database sends the data to replicate, the replication is performed and the subscriber database retrieves the data to update. This operation can take quite a long time. This replication mode is recommended for a daily synchronization for example (a salesperson synchronizes every evening with the office).
The replication by server can be performed with delayed replica: in this case, the data is synchronized when the exchanges are performed with the server. When the server receives the data to replicate, it automatically prepares the data to return. This data will be returned during the next synchronization. This replication mode is recommended for a periodic synchronization (whenever an order is placed for example).
Installing the replication server
The replication server can be installed:
- via the setup pack available in the "Install\WDRServer" sub-directory of WINDEV or WINDEV Mobile.
- when installing a WINDEV application.
The setup pack allows you to install or uninstalll the replication server.
During the setup, you must specify:
- the setup directory of the server elements.
- the deployment directory of the replication data. This directory will be the directory where the files required by the replication will be created.
Remark: If several virtual servers are available, you must specify the ones for which a replication server will be installed.
At the end of setup, the site for configuring the replications will start. This site allows you to configure the different replications managed by the replication server.
Remark: To uninstall the replication server, all you have to do is restart the setup pack.
The Web interface of the replication server requires the creation of an alias on the Web server. This creation is automated in most cases.
If this alias has not been created, it must be created manually. This alias is named "SRVRPL_WEB".
Example for creating the alias in Apache 2.2:
Alias /SRVRPL_WEB/ "D:/PC SOFT/Replication Server 19/SRVRPL/SRVRPL_WEB/"
<Directory "D:/PC SOFT/Replication Server 19/SRVRPL/SRVRPL_WEB/">
Allow from all
The replication server is using a database found in the "\ProgramData\ReplicSRV\" folder. Therefore, full rights must be granted on this folder to the account used by the Web server (Internet guest) so that it can access the disks.
Using the site for configuring the replications
The site for configuring the replications is used to:
- create the different users of replications,
- configure the different replications managed by the site.
A name and a password are required to connect to the site. By default, only the administrator is created ("admin" name without password).
The "Accounts" tab is used to manage the different accounts of the replication users. Only the administrator exists by default.
The "Add an account" option is used to create a new account. The necessary elements are:
- the login.
- the password and its confirmation.
- the email address.
From the table that lists the users, you have the ability to add or delete an account.
Managing the publications
The "Publications" tab is used to manage the publications of replications, which means the replications that can be used by the replication server.
The "Add a publication" option is used to create a new publication. Specify:
- The name of the publication.
- The replication file to use (.WER file). This file was created by ReplicEdit.
- The mode for preparing the replicas: the preparation is immediate by default: the replicas are immediately created during the replication. If you choose a periodic preparation, the replication server will periodically prepare the replica. The replica is not the most up-to-date but the replication time is optimized.
If you choose a periodic preparation, specify the parameters of the period for preparing the replica (every day, ...).
The publication is created when validating the wizard.
From the table that lists the publications, you have the ability to add or delete a publication.
Managing the subscriptions
The subscription to a publication is performed:
This page is also available for…