- How to?
- Configuring the keyboard shortcut
- Modifying a custom keyboard shortcut
- Disabling the ability to create custom shortcuts
- Modifying the window for choosing the shortcut keys
Keyboard shortcut on a button (AAF)
Who hasn't wanted to define their own keyboard shortcuts, to easily and quickly access the most used features of an application? WINDEV applications offer this functionality to all users. You can create and modify the keyboard shortcuts of your WINDEV applications.
The keyboard shortcut can be created if it does not exist.
The default keyboard shortcut can be modified if it does not suit you. In this case, you can use the default shortcut or the new one.
Reminder: The keyboard shortcut of a button is defined in the "UI" tab of the Button control description window ("Keyboard shortcut" option).
Configuring the keyboard shortcut
To configure the keyboard shortcut of a button:
- Right-click the button to open the context menu and select "Choose a keyboard shortcut...".
- In the window that is displayed, press the desired keys. The selected keys appear: Validate.
- The specified shortcut can be used whenever the window and the button are used.
- If the selected shortcut is already used in the window, a message indicates that the selected shortcut cannot be used.
- The custom shortcut is automatically displayed in the button tooltip. If a text is already displayed in the tooltip, the shortcut is displayed at the end of the text.
- If the button contains a caption, the custom shortcut is automatically displayed at the end of the button caption.
- If the "<None>" shortcut is selected, the default behavior of the button (intended by the developer) will be restored.
Modifying a custom keyboard shortcut
To modify a custom keyboard shortcut:
- Select "Modify shortcut..." in the context menu of the button.
- In the window that is displayed, specify the shortcut keys to use.
- Validate the modification.
Remark: If the "<None>" shortcut is selected, the default behavior of the button (intended by the developer) will be restored.
Disabling the ability to create custom shortcuts
To prevent the user from creating custom shortcuts, use AAFDisable
with the aafAddShortcut
Modifying the window for choosing the shortcut keys
By default, the window for choosing the shortcut keys is available in English and in French.
To modify this window or translate it, simply include it in the project:
- On the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Import" and select "WINDEV elements and their dependencies".
- Select the "Programs\Data\Preset windows\AAF" directory.
- Select the "WinDevAaf_BtnShortcut.wdw" window.
- Validate the import. The window is included in your project and it can be translated or modified.
- The window must not be renamed.
- If this window is included in your application, you may not benefit from the improvements made to this window during the different updates. Don't forget to check whether this window has evolved.
- Caution: To modify this window, the corresponding file must not be read-only. Modify the characteristics of the file in Windows if necessary.