- How to?
- Defining a preset action
- Information displayed in the code editor
- Running a preset action through programming
Programming by preset action
Preset actions allow you to define the code of an event in a single click, without having to write one single line of code.
For example, in WINDEV:
Execute the click code of the Button control and open the window
Initialization of a component, the parameters are specified in the interface
The preset actions are proposed:
- on Button controls (in the event "Click").
- on menu options.
- on Link controls (in the event "Click (server)").
Defining a preset action
To define a preset action:
- Open the control description window (select "Description" in the context menu).
- In the "General" tab, define the desired action:
- Select the action to be run in the "Action" combo box.
The most common actions appear in this list. To select a more specific action, click "All actions" or "Other actions".
- Select the desired action in the "Type" combo box ("Button action" area).
The most common actions appear in this list. To select a more specific action, click "More options".
The actions proposed depend on the elements found in the current project (windows, pages, component, procedure, ...).
: To choose the preset action, you also have the ability to select "Preset action..." from the popup menu of the control.
Information displayed in the code editor
When a preset action is used, an information indicating this preset action is specified in the code editor.
This page is also available for…