Open (External language)
In french: Ouvre
Opens a window.
// In C
// In Pascal
// In VB
Open(<Window name> [, <"/CR"> [, <Y> [, <X> [, <"+TAB+"Parameter 1"+TAB+"Parameter 2"+...>]]]])
<Window name>: Character string
Name of the window to be opened. This parameter includes the path, the name and the extension of the window (the extension of WINDEV windows is ".WDW" by default).
<"/CR">: Optional parameter
Enables you to detect an error.
<Y>: Integer (optional)
Y-coordinate (in pixels) of window (in relation to the upper-left corner of the screen or parent window).
<X>: Integer (optional)
X-coordinate (in pixels) of the window (in relation to the top corner of the screen).
<"+TAB+"Parameter 1"+TAB+"Parameter 2"+...>: Optional parameters
Parameters to pass to the window when it is opened.
- If the /CR parameter is specified, the "E*" status code is returned in WdKey in case of an error.
- We recommend that you use Open rather than Use when the context before the window opening must be restored.
- The opened window is stacked over the previous window (if it exists).
- The controls found in the opened window are active. The controls found in the previous window (if it exists) are inactive.
- To modify the window title, you must use Screen,Next or Screen,Current.
- WdKey contains "*E*" if an error occurred during the opening.
- If a window calls global procedures, the project must be run by Project before opening the window, otherwise the global procedures and the style sheet will not be recognized.
- A window can be opened even if there is no current project. In this case, the window must be attached to no project.
Click [Add] to post a comment