- Detailed characteristics of an HFSQL Client/Server data file
- "Description" and "Properties" tabs
- "Connections" tab
- "Locks" tab
- "Content" tab
- "Search" tab
- "Logs" tab
- "Transactions" tab
- Other available options
- Details of ribbon
Managing HFSQL Client/Server files
Available only with this kind of connection
The HFSQL Control Center allows you to fully manage HFSQL Client/Server data files.
To display the characteristics of an HFSQL Client/Server data file:
- Connect (if necessary) to an HFSQL server. For more details, see Managing HFSQL Client/Server databases.
- Select the name of the HFSQL server in the tree structure.
- Select the name of the desired database.
- Double-click the name of the desired data file.
- The right section of Control Center displays a tab with the name of the data file. This tab includes:
- several tabs used to manage the characteristics of the HFSQL data file. The "Content" tab is displayed by default.
- a ribbon used to configure the HFSQL data file.
: From the pane of Control Center, the context menu of the data file is used to:
- Optimize and repair the data file.
- Close the data file.
- Change the password of the data file.
- Delete the data file.
- Manage the rights on the database.
Detailed characteristics of an HFSQL Client/Server data file
"Description" and "Properties" tabs
The "Description" tab displays the description of the different data file items:
- The item name,
- The type of the item,
- The size of the item,
- The type of key,
- Whether the item is visible in "Reports & Queries".
Additional information is displayed if necessary.
Remark: By default, items are displayed in logical order. You can use the alphabetical order if necessary via the HFSQL Control Center options:
- Expand the HFSQL Control Center menu ().
- Select "Options".
- In the window that appears, in the "Item display order" option, select "alphabetical".
The "Properties" tab displays the properties of the data file (physical name, format, protection, etc.).
This tab lists the different users connected to the data file.
The list of active connections contains the following information:
- the username,
- the computer name,
- the name of the application that accesses the database, etc.
You have the ability to manage the connections from this tab: disconnect the users or send a message to the users.
This tab is used to manage the locks.
The following information is displayed:
- the number of the locked record,
- the name of the user who is locking,
- the name of the locking computer,
- the IP address of the locking computer,
- the name of the locking application,
- the lock start date,
- the lock duration.
This tab is used to view the different records found in the data file.
The context menu of the records allows you to handle the selected record: delete, add, change the display mode of text memos, etc.
You can also:
- Delete a record: select the record and click the "Delete" button (or press the Del key).
- Modify or add a record: the input is performed in the table directly. The data file is automatically modified.
The context menu of records is also used to:
- Delete a record,
- Duplicate a record,
- Specify the display options,
- Print the records.
This tab is used to perform searches in the data file. All you have to do is type the sought conditions and the values in the table of conditions.
The SQL code corresponding to the search can be copied via the "Copy SQL code" found in the ribbon.
Remark: To perform an SQL search, click "New query" in the ribbon.
This tab is used to view the content of the logs and to perform a search in the logs.
To do so, the data file must be logged.
This tab is used to free a record or all transactions.
Details of ribbon
For the selected HFSQL Client/Server data file, the ribbon proposes the following actions:
- In the "SQL query" group:
- New query: This option is used to open a specific tab allowing you to perform an SQL query on the current database.
- Open a query: This option is used to open a specific tab corresponding to a query that was run beforehand.
- In the "File" group:
- Optimize and repair: This option is used to open the configuration window for optimizing the data file.
- Close file: this option is used to close the data file and the corresponding tab.
- In the "Rights" group, the "Manage rights" option allows you to manage the rights granted to the users and groups on the data file.
Additional options may appear in the ribbon according to the selected tab.
This page is also available for…