Configuring the viewing table
In WDMap, the records are viewed in a table. Therefore, all the options specific to this type of control are available.
A "Starts with" search can be performed on a key item.
The columns where a search can be performed are identified by
To find records according to the value of an item:
- Click found in the column header. An input area is displayed.
- Enter the value of the item to find. The records that start with the letters typed are dynamically displayed.
Remark: This search criterion is not saved. During the next use of WDMap, you will have to redefine this search criterion.
Sorting the viewed records
A simple sort can be performed on an item (ascending or descending order).
For example, you can sort the suppliers according to their city.
Sortable columns are identified by the
To sort the viewed records according to an item, click the column header.
Remark: This sort criterion is not saved. During the next use of WDMap, you will have to redefine this criterion in order to perform a new sort.
Modifying the display order of items
By default, the display order corresponds to the logical order of the items. The logical order corresponds to the display order defined in the data model editor.
WDMap allows you to easily modify the display order of items.
For example, you can organize the columns in order of importance or group the columns that contain the same type of information.
To move a column:
- Click the column header and keep the left mouse button down.
- Move the column to its new position and release the left mouse button.
- This display order is not saved. During the next use of WDMap, the order used will be the default order (logical order of items).
- The "Rec #" column cannot be moved (this column corresponds to the number of the records in the data file).
Anchoring columns on the left of table
By default, to view all the columns, you must use the horizontal scrollbar.
WDMap allows you to fix the columns on the left of the viewing table. When using the horizontal scrollbar, only the non-fixed columns will move.
Therefore, the columns containing the most important information can always be visible.
For example, if the "CustomerName" column is fixed on the left, the customer name will remain visible when using the horizontal scrollbar.
To fix a column, hover the left side of the header of the column to fix and click when
To unfix a column, hover the left side of the header of the column to fix and click when