- Handling elements in the XML code
- Using XMLParent during a search
- XML functions and threads
In french: XMLParent
Positions on the parent element of current element (tag or attribute). To select an element, use the functions for XML search and browse (XMLFirst
// Browse performed by XMLFirst and XMLNext ...
// Positions on "<order>" element
// moves one level up and positions on the "<number>" element
// Retrieves the order number
OrdNum is int = Val(XMLData("XMLDoc")) // contains 1
// Positions on the next element
// Retrieves the order date
OrdDate is string = XMLData("XMLOrd") // "11/20/2012"
<Result> = XMLParent(<XML document>)
- True if an element was found,
- False otherwise. If an error occurs:
- The current position remains unchanged.
- The ErrorOccurred variable is set to True. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
<XML document>: Character string
Name of the XML document used. This document contains the XML code to study and it was created by XMLDocument.
Handling elements in the XML code
Using XMLParent during a search
If a search is in progress, XMLParent
cancels this search (see XMLFind
XML functions and threads
If your application uses threads, the XML document is shared between all these threads. For more details on threads, see Managing threads
If the current position in an XML document is modified in a thread, the current position in this XML document is modified for all the threads.
This page is also available for…