- Managing the addition
- Saving the modifications in the XML file
- XML functions and threads
In french: XMLAjouteAttribut
Adds an attribute into an XML document. This attribute is added at the end of list of attributes for the current position.
// Add a new order line
XMLAddChild("XMLOrd", "orderline", "", True)
XMLAddAttribute("XMLOrd", "number", "2")
// Add the "productcode" tag
XMLAddChild("XMLOrd", "productcode", "sro2125")
// Add the "description" tag
XMLAddChild("XMLOrd", "description", "optical mouse")
// Add the "quantity" tag
XMLAddChild("XMLOrd", "quantity", "15")
XMLAddAttribute(<Name of XML document> , <Attribute name> [, <Attribute value> [, <Change of position>]])
<Name of XML document>: : Character string
Name of the XML document into which the addition must be performed. This document contains the XML code and it was created by XMLDocument.
<Attribute name>: Character string
Name of the attribute to add.
Caution: You cannot create elements (tag or attribute) with accented characters.
<Attribute value>: Optional character string
Value of the new attribute. This parameter corresponds to an empty string by default.
<Change of position>: Optional boolean
- True to be positioned on the added element. In this case, the added element becomes the current position.
- False (default value) to avoid modifying the current position during the addition.
Managing the addition
- If the current position is an attribute, the new attribute is added at the end of the current list of attributes.
- The current position in the document does not change when XMLAddAttribute is called (except if <Change of position> is set to True).
Saving the modifications in the XML file
To save the modifications performed in an XML file, you must:
- Use the XMLBuildString function. This function retrieves and formats the content of an XML document.
- Save the character string generated by XMLBuildString in an XML file. To do so, use the fSaveText function.
// Once the XML document was modified
XMLSource = XMLBuildString("XMLDoc")
// Save the XML file
This feature is not available.
XML functions and threads
If your application uses threads, the XML document is shared between all these threads. For more details on threads, see Managing threads
This page is also available for…