- Reminder: XML language
- XML functions and threads
In french: XMLDocument
Creates a new XML document. This document can be:
- an empty document. It can be filled by XMLAddAttribute, XMLAddChild, ...
- a document containing the XML code that will be used by the XML functions of WLanguage. This code can come from a file in XML format or from a Webservice. The current element automatically corresponds to the root tag (the root is not created if it does not exist). This document can be closed by XMLClose.
Remark: XMLDocument does not handle a file but an XML code.
XMLSource is string
Res is boolean
// Create the XML document
Res = XMLDocument("XMLDoc", XMLSource)
// Was the document created?
IF Res = False THEN
Error("The document was not created.")
Info("The document was successfully created. It is ready to be used.")
// Modify the document
<Result> = XMLDocument(<XML document> [, <XML code> [, <Option>]])
- True if the XML document is created,
- False otherwise. If an error occurs:
- the current position remains unchanged.
- the ErrorOccurred variable is set to True. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
<XML document>: Character string
Name given to the XML document. This name will be used by all the XML functions.
<XML code>: Optional character string
XML code that will be analyzed by the XML functions. If this parameter is not specified, a new empty XML document is created.
- If the encoding of the document is not specified in the XML header, the encoding used is "UTF-8".
- To specify a different encoding, the "encoding" attribute must be added to the XML tag.
For example: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UCS-2"?>
To create an empty XML document, this parameter must correspond to an empty string ("").
<Option>: Optional constant
Type of the created XML document (no option is selected by default):
|xdHTML||XHTML document. This constant is used to optimize the operating mode of XMLBuildString. The document is processed by using the XHTML mode.|
Caution: This constant is not available anymore. Indeed, the operating mode of this constant was not optimized: the document was handled by using the XML format then, in case of failure, it was handled by using the XHTML format.
This parameter is ignored.
Reminder: XML language
XML is a language containing tags and attributes (called "elements" in this help). The structure of an XML code corresponds to a tree structure: the information is organized hierarchically.
The following terms are used to describe the different parts of an XML code:
XML functions and threads
If your application uses threads, the XML document is shared between all these threads. For more details on threads, see Managing threads
is suitable for loading XML documents whose size of text nodes does not exceed 9 MB. To handle documents with a greater size of nodes, you must use the XMLDocument
This page is also available for…