- Hot update of stored procedures on the HFSQL server
In french: HMiseAJourCollection
Available only with this kind of connection
From version 27
is kept for backward compatibility. This function is replaced by HUpdateSet
Creates or updates a set of procedures on an HFSQL server. The procedures and functions found in the set of procedures can be used as stored procedures.
// Update the set of procedures
// even if a more recent version is found on the server
HUpdateSet("MyConnection", MySet, True)
<Result> = HUpdateSet(<Connection> , <Set of procedures> [, <Force>])
- True if the set of procedures was created or updated,
- False otherwise. HError is used to identify the error.
<Connection>: Character string or Connection variable
Connection to the server on which the set of procedures must be created or updated. This connection corresponds to:
<Set of procedures>: Character string
Name of the set of procedures to be created or updated on the server. If this parameter corresponds to "*", all the sets of procedures will be updated or created on the server.
<Force>: Optional boolean
- False (default value): the set of procedures will be created or updated:
- if the set of procedures is not found on the server.
- if an earlier version of the set of procedures is found on the server.
- True: the set of procedures will be updated in any case.
Hot update of stored procedures on the HFSQL server
The hot update of stored procedures on the HFSQL server consists in updating the sets of stored procedures on the server while the application is currently used. This operation is used to perform an update without disconnecting all users.
This update can be performed by HUpdateSet. The following conditions are required to perform this update:
- If no procedure of the set was run, the set of procedures can be updated on the server.
- If a procedure of the set was run, the set of procedures can be updated only if the modification of the set of procedures does not affect the global variables. If the global variables of the set of procedures have been modified, HUpdateSet returns False. In this case, all the users must be disconnected to perform the update.
Caution: In this last case, if the update was performed, the users connected before the update will use during the next execution of a stored procedure:
- the new code of stored procedure,
- the global variables with the values defined before the update.
Remark: If a procedure of the set is being executed, the update is blocked until the execution of the procedure ends (HUpdateSet is a blocking function). All the stored procedures being executed are ended, and all the stored procedures called after the execution of HUpdateSet are locked until the set is updated on the server.
Business / UI classification: Business Logic
This page is also available for…