Modifies the location for the description of subscriber replica (RPL file). This function must be used on the subscriber computer.
This function is an advanced function for the logged replication. It should be used when handling databases not connected by network for example. In this case, the master replica and the subscriber replica are created on the same computer (master computer). Then, the RPL file (file of subscriber replica) is copied onto the subscriber computer.
This file can be installed:
- in the replication directory specified in the analysis (\RPL subdirectory of data files by default).
- in another directory. In this case, the subscriber application must use HChangeRplDir to specify the location where the file of subscriber replica must be sought. Indeed, when the subscriber data file is opened, the RPL file is read in order to define the range of automatic identifiers used by the data file.
By default, the replication files are managed in the directory specified in the analysis ("Analysis description", "Log/Replication" tab).
Note: From version 19, HFSQL is the new name of HyperFileSQL.
// The RPL file and the data files are found in the same directory
// The RPL file is found in the \RPL subdirectory of the data files
// The RPL file is found in "X:\Data\RPL"
<Result> = HChangeRplDir(<New location of subscriber replica file>)
- True if the operation was performed,
- False if a problem occurred. HErrorInfo is used to identify the error.
<New location of subscriber replica file>: Character string (with quotes)
New access path to the *.RPL file corresponding to the subscriber replica (full or relative path). This directory is used:
- when opening a HFSQL data file in replication on the subscriber computer. The range of automatic identifiers is updated.
- when performing the synchronization (HSynchronizeReplica for example) if no directory is specified.
Note: if the directory is a relative directory, the directory will be relative to the default directory of the data files defined in the analysis.