Enables or disables the management of .REP file. See .REP file
for more details.
Remark: The management of .REP file is enabled by default.
Remark: From version 19, HFSQL is the new name of HyperFileSQL.
// Disables the management of .REP file
<Result> = HSetREP(<Management> [, <Path of .REP> [, <Name of .REP file>]])
Corresponds to the former management mode of .REP file (before the call to HSetREP):
- True if the management of .REP was enabled,
- False if the management of .REP was disabled.
- True if the management of .REP is enabled,
- False if this management must be disabled.
<Path of .REP>: Optional character string (with quotes)
If this parameter is specified, HSetREP is using the .REP file found in the specified directory.
If this parameter is not specified, the default path corresponds to:
- the previous path of .REP specified for the current analysis.
- if no path was specified beforehand:
1. the path of the analysis (.WDD),
2. the path of the application library (.WDL)
3. by default, the path of the application (.EXE). This is the most common case.
<Name of .REP file>: Optional character string (with quotes)
If this parameter is specified, HSetREP uses this name for the .REP file.
If this parameter is not specified, the name of the analysis is used as name for the .REP file.
In all cases, the extension of the .REP file is ".REP".
- After HSetREP(True), the .REP will be updated whenever a data file found in the current analysis is opened or created. Then, the tool for automatic modification of data files will be able to identify the files that must be modified.
- After HSetREP(False), the .REP will not be updated. In this case, the location of these files must be specified manually to the tool for automatic modification of data files. If the name of.REP is specified, this name will be used for the next activation (if a new name is not specified meanwhile).
- The .REP file is managed by context. A component that uses an independent HFSQL context will not be impacted by the call to HSetREP.
Remark: When the .REP is not the default one, its location is stored in the HFRep.ini file. This file is found in the "Application Data\PC SOFT" directory of the shared data of the application (for backward compatibility with the earlier versions, this file can also be found in the Windows directory).
Business / UI classification: Business Logic