- Chart appearance
- Zoom and crosshair (not available in the reports)
- Managing the zoom
- Managing the crosshair
- Title and legend
- Animations and background image
- Background image
Chart control: "Details" tab
Regardless of the editor (window, page or report), the "Details" tab found in the description window of Chart control is used to describe:
Zoom and crosshair (not available in the reports)
Managing the zoom
Enabling the zoom allows the user to perform a zoom on the data displayed in the chart.
- Allow horizontal zoom: allows you to enable the zoom of values according to the horizontal axis. The zoom scrollbar is placed below the control.
- Allow vertical zoom: allows you to enable the zoom of values according to the vertical axis. The zoom scrollbar is placed on the right of control.
Managing the crosshair
The crosshair allows the user to precisely know the pointed value. For more details, see Crosshair in a chart
The crosshair is enabled via "Enable chart crosshair".
The "Multiple crosshair (stacked lines and columns)" option allows using multiple crosshairs in Line or Column charts.
Remark: The crosshair is available for the following types of charts: Area, Bubble, Line, Column, MinMax, Radar and Waterfall.
The title and the legend can be configured in a Chart control.
The "Edit chart title" button is used to display the chart title description window . This window is used to:
- Type (if necessary) the chart title.
- Configure its positioning. If a manual positioning is selected, you have the ability to move the title area in the editor.
- Configure the style used to display the chart title.
The "Edit chart legend" button is used to display the chart legend description window. This window is used to:
- Define the positioning of legend.
This positioning can be automatic or manual.
If a manual positioning is selected, you can:
- move the legend area in the editor.
- choose the position of captions (in row or in column)
- adapt the legend size to the content
- Define the aspect of legend: A rounded border can be used for the legend.
- Defin the style of legend (font, ...).
Animations and background image
Some charts can be animated.
For the 2D charts, you have the ability to enable (or not) the animations.
For the 3D charts, several options can be configured:
- Zoom in,
- Progressive drawing,
- Progressive colors.
"Enable animations" allows animating the chart.
The background image will be displayed in chart background.
You can define:
- the image location.
- its display mode.
The interactivity of the Chart control is used to enable:
- the animations
- the chart crosshair.
Reminder: The crosshair allows the user to precisely know the pointed value. For more details, see Crosshair in a chart.
- In order for the interactivity to be real, this feature must be supported by the browser used.
- Only the interactive Chart controls are available.
This page is also available for…