In this chart:
1. Point with its value.
The point value is displayed if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- "Show values" is checked in the "Details" tab of the Chart control description.
- the type of point is defined for each series in the "Series" tab of the point description window. If the type of point is "Not drawn", the point will not be highlighted and its value will not be displayed.
The size of the points is defined in the "General" tab of the control description window.
2. Title of axes
The title of horizontal and vertical axes is displayed if the title was defined in the "General" tab of the Chart control description. This parameter can also be defined by programming with grAxisTitle
3. Chart title.
The characteristics of the chart title can be defined in the "Details" tab of the control description ("Edit chart title").
You have the ability to define the chart title as well as its position and style.
The characteristics of the legend can be defined in the "Details" tab of the control description ("Edit chart legend").
You can define its position and its style.
5. Labels of series.
The caption of the legend corresponds to the caption of the different series displayed in the chart (defined in the "Series" tab).
6. Color of series.
A color can be defined for each series in the "Series" tab of the control description. An automatic color is used by default.
7. Category label and marks.
The category labels can be defined in the "Series" tab of the control description.
The mark is automatically calculated by default. The "General" tab of the control description is used to:
- define a specific mark.
- define a scale on the X axis according to the time. This option operates with Date or DateTime data coming from a Table control or from an HFSQL item. This option cannot be used with a series filled by programming.
- define a logarithmic scale on the Y axis.
You also have the ability to use the secondary scale for one or more series ("Series" tab).
To display the gridlines, select "Gridlines" and "Gridlines" in the "General" tab of the control description.
9. Scrollbars used to perform a zoom.
The ability to zoom in a chart can be defined in the "Details" tab the of control description. This option is available in WINDEV only.