- Saving a chart
- Backup in BMP format
- Differences between grDestinationBMP and grSaveBMP
In french: grSauveBMP
Saves a chart that was previously drawn in a file in BMP format.
: A specific configuration is required to use this function in Linux. For more details, see The charts
// Saves the chart named CHART_MyChart in the "C:\Charts\Chart.BMP" file
<Result> = grSaveBMP(<Chart name> , <Name of BMP file>)
- True if the chart was saved,
- False otherwise.
<Chart name>: Control name or character string
Name of the chart to be used. This name corresponds to:
- the chart name defined through programming with grCreate.
- the name of the Chart control in the window, page or report editor.
<Name of BMP file>: Character string
Name and full path of BMP file to create. The file extension is mandatory. This BMP file is created during the call to grSaveBMP. The file is overwritten and re-created if it already existed.
Saving a chart
- To save a chart, the chart must have been drawn beforehand (grDraw). The modifications performed since the last call to grDraw will be ignored.
- The default size of the image is set to 639 x 479. These dimensions are taken into account if the chart was never drawn or if it is not visible.
- If the chart was created by grCreate, the dimensions can be specified with grWndSize.
Backup in BMP format
- This file can be read by a tool that recognizes the BMP format.
- The size of the file is identical to the size of the destination (size of window size, control or file).
- We recommend that you preview the chart before it is saved in a file.
Differences between grDestinationBMP and grSaveBMP
- grDestinationBMP is used to define the destination for the next drawing of the chart. When grDraw is used, the chart will be drawn in the specified file and all the changes made since the chart was last drawn will be taken into account.
- grSaveBMP is used to directly save the chart in a file in BMP format. The image saved corresponds to the chart during the last call to grDraw. The changes made to the chart since grDraw was last called will be ignored.
Unit examples (WINDEV): The Chart functions
This page is also available for…