- Operating mode in Windows Vista (and later)
In french: fRepSupprime
Deletes a directory from a disk.
- The user must have the rights to delete a directory.
- A directory currently browsed by fDir or fListFile cannot be deleted.
Deletes a directory from the server disk. The Internet Guest account must have the rights to delete a directory.
<Result> = fRemoveDir(<Directory to delete> [, <Deletion indicator>])
- True if the directory was deleted,
- False otherwise. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo with the errMessage constant.
<Directory to delete>: Character string
Name and full (or relative) path of the directory to delete. A UNC path can be used. The wildcard characters (*,?) are ignored. This directory name may (or may not) end with "\".
This parameter can be in Ansi or Unicode format.
<Deletion indicator>: Optional constant
<Deletion indicator> is empty by default. None of these options is selected.
Operating mode in Windows Vista (and later)
If this function does not operate properly in Windows Vista (and later), check whether the file or directory used is not in one of the system directories (Windows directory or "Program Files" directory).
In Windows Vista (and later), with the UAC mechanism (User Account Control) enabled
, you must have administrator privileges to handle and/or modify the files or directories in system directories (Windows directory or "Program Files" directory).
Programming tip: To handle and/or modify the files or directories without administrator privileges, you should:
- avoid writing to the Windows directory or to the "Program Files" directory,
- use the system directory of the application (returned by SysDir with the srAppDataCommun constant, for example).
This page is also available for…