- Limit: operating system and video card
- Limit: types of windows
- Opacity of Action Bar
- Limit: types of controls
In french: Opacité
property is used to get and define the opacity percentage for a window, or for controls in a window or page. This gives you the ability to make a window transparent (or a control found in a window or in a page).
- This property can also be applied to a page control.
- This property may not be supported by the former browsers (Internet Explorer 5.5 and earlier, ...).
- For a Color variable, the opacity value is not included between 0 and 100 but between 0 and 255.
// Make the window invisible little by little (fade out)
i is int
FOR i = 1 TO 100
WIN_EditWindow.Opacity = 100 - i
Finding out the percentage of opacity applied to a window or to a control (found in a window or in a page) Hide the details
<Percentage of opacity> = <Element used>.Opacity
Modifying the percentage of opacity applied to a window or to a control (found in a window or in a page) Hide the details
<Element used>.Opacity = <Percentage of opacity>
Limit: operating system and video card
The Opacity property can only be used on systems above Windows 7.
If the graphics card does not support transparency, the Opacity property will have no effect.
Limit: types of windows
The Windows system cannot be used to manage the opacity of the MDI Child windows.
Opacity of Action Bar
To manage the opacity of the Action Bar:
- Open the description window of the Action Bar control.
- In the "Details" tab:
- Check "Make the bar background transparent".
- Specify which bars are taken into account: "Action Bar" or "Action Bar and system bar".
- The Action Bar is transparent. The opacity of the Action Bar can be changed with the Opacity property.
Limit: types of controls
The Opacity property is only available for the following controls:
- Edit control,
- Check Box,
- Radio Button,
- List box, combo box,
- Table, TreeView Table,
- Table cell (in read-only),
- Progress Bar,
- Formatted display control,
- HTML control,
- Link control,
- HTML static,
- Image (clickable or not),
- Group of controls.
- Action Bar control.
This page is also available for…