- Checking out an element
- How to check out an element?
- Checking out an element
- Checking out an element already checked out in exclusive mode
To work on a project element found in the Source Code Manager, you must check out the element before it can be modified.
Two check-out modes are available:
- Manual check-out: An element must be checked out before it can be modified.
- Automatic check-out: The element is automatically checked out during the first attempt to modify the element.
To change the check-out mode:
- On the "Home" tab, in the "Environment" group, expand "Options" and select "General options of WINDEV/WEBDEV/WINDEV Mobile".
- Select the "General" tab. The "Check out elements during the first modification" option is used to switch all the projects opened from the current product to the automatic mode.
Caution: In this version, the automatic mode is supported by the windows, the pages, the queries and the reports.
How to check out an element?
- 1st solution: check-out requested (available regardless of the check-out mode):
- Select the element in the "Project explorer" pane.
- Select "Check out" in the context menu of element.
Another solution: on the "SCM" tab, in the "Current element" group, click "Check out" ().
- 2nd solution: manual check-out ("Check-out during first modification" unchecked):
- Open the element in the editor. An orange panel indicates that the element has not been checked out and that it cannot be modified.
- In the orange panel, click the checkout icon to modify the element.
- 3rd solution: automatic check-out ("Check-out during first modification" checked):
- Open the element in the editor.
- Perform the desired modification. When validating the modification, the SCM automatically proposes to check out the element in order to modify it. If the check-out is validated, the modification is performed on the checked-out element. If the check-out is refused, the element is not modified.
Checking out an element
Regardless of the method used to check out the element, the following options are proposed by SCM during the check-out:
The check-out mode can be:
- Exclusive: nobody can check out this element until it is checked back in. The element can be checked out for tests only.
- For test: the element can be modified but the modifications will not be checked back in.
- Multiple: the element can also be checked out by other users. In this case, the differences between the different element versions can be viewed when the element is checked back in.
Validate. The element is opened. The title bar indicates that the element is checked out.
- If you try to modify the source code of an element that is not checked out, the Source Code Manager automatically proposes to check out the element.
- If you check "Don't display this message anymore in this case (click 'check out')", you will be able to redisplay this window via the options of SCM administrator.
Checking out an element already checked out in exclusive mode
If the element to check out was already checked out in exclusive mode by another user, the following window is displayed by the Source Code Manager:
- See the characteristics of checked-out element ("Properties")
- Send a message to the person who checked out the element ("Send a message" button).
Reminder: WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile include a messaging tool. This tool uses the parameters specified in the control centers (users, location of files, etc.). To open the messaging tool, on the "Tools" tab, in the "Control Centers" group, click "WDBal - Messaging".
- Check out the element for test only. In this case, the modifications made to the element will be ignored in the reference project (found on the SCM server).
This page is also available for…