- Which comments are taken into account?
- When is the component documentation generated?
- How to access the component documentation?
Automatic documentation of external components
External components must include a technical documentation.
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile help you create this documentation via the following options:
- A general overview of the component. This overview can be entered when generating the component.
- A technical documentation generated automatically from the comments in the code of the component elements.
Which comments are taken into account?
The following comments are automatically taken into account to create the component documentation:
- Comments at the beginning of the WLanguage procedures.
- Comments at the beginning of the following events:
- Initialization code of windows or pages,
- Initialization code of reports,
- Initialization code of classes,
- Initialization code of sets of procedures.
When is the component documentation generated?
The documentation of the component is created the first time the component is generated (
in the quick access buttons).
When generating the documentation:
- the comments in the code are used to create the documentation.
- if there are no comments in your code, the expected input and output parameters of each accessible element of the component will be automatically included in the documentation. The corresponding comments are automatically created in the different elements.
Remark: The component documentation can be regenerated each time the component is generated ("Regenerate" button).
Caution: If you use the "Regenerate" option, the changes made to the documentation in the generation wizard will be lost.
How to access the component documentation?
The general component overview
is automatically displayed in the component description window.
The technical documentation of the component is available:
- when a component is included in a project: on the "Project" tab, in the "Project" group, expand "Import" and select "An External component".
- in the description of the components included in the project.
In the "Project explorer" pane:
- In the "External components" folder, select the desired external component.
- Right-click to open the context menu and select "Description".
- In the "Details" tab, you can get the details of the generated documentation.
The documentation specific to an element of the component (window, etc.) can be viewed:
- by double-clicking the desired element in the Project explorer pane or by pressing F2 in the code of the element.
- from the "Project explorer" pane:
- Select the "External components" folder.
- Right-click to open the context menu.
- Select "List of external components imported into the project".
This page is also available for…