- Creating an LDM
- Optimizing the analysis
A Logical Data Model (LDM) allows you to describe the data structures (data files, items, ...) used in a WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile application.
- The "LDM" and "Analysis" terms are indifferently used to define the structure of database associated with a project.
- For more details, see Handling an LDM.
To create an LDM:
- Click in the quick access buttons.
- The new element window appears: click "Data" then "Analysis".
- The analysis creation wizard starts.
- In the first step of the wizard, indicate:
- the analysis name and directory. The analysis corresponds to a ".WDA" file. By default, this file will be created in the directory of the project analysis (<Project name>.ANA directory). This directory must be accessible in read/write mode.
- whether the analysis must be associated with the current project instead of the current analysis (when creating an analysis in a project already associated with an analysis).
- the analysis description that briefly describes the subject of the analysis.
- The next step of wizard is to specify the type of database the project will use:
- HFSQLDrive (paid solution). For more details on HFSQLDrive, see HFSQLDrive, your database in the Cloud in 3 clicks.
- PCSCloud (paid solution). For more details on PCSCloud, see Cloud for HFSQL databases.
- HFSQL Client/Server,
- HFSQL Classic,
- External databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, ...
Remark: If the analysis must handle an external database, the corresponding native access must be installed on the computer.
- For any database other than HFSQL Classic, the wizard allows you to define the connection to the database (name, caption) and specify advanced settings (server, user and password). This information can be edited later in the data model editor.
- Validate. The created analysis becomes the current analysis.
- Create all the elements of the analysis (data files, items and links).
Remark: For more details, see Data files of analysis, Items of a data file and Analysis links.
- To use the analysis in your project, generate the analysis: on the "Analysis" tab, in the "Analysis" group, expand "Generation" and select "Generation". For more details, see Generating an analysis.
Optimizing the analysis
From version 20, the format for storing the analysis is optimized. Any new analysis created with version 20 (or later) uses this new format.
You have the ability to save the existing analyses with this new format.
Caution: An analysis that uses this new format will not be compatible with versions earlier than version 19.
To use the new format on your existing analyses:
- Open the analysis description window ("Analysis description" in the context menu of the analysis chart).
- In the "Details" tab, click "Save the analysis in a more compact format".
This page is also available for…