- General options
- Image (Image element only)
- Automation level
- Style options
A flexible modeling includes different elements linked among themselves. Each element has its own characteristics.
To display the characteristics of an element, select "Description" from the popup menu of element. The information displayed depends on the selected element.
Two tabs are available:
- the "General" tab that presents the general characteristics of element.
- the "Style" tab that is used to define the options for the element style.
Caption displayed in the element.
To modify this caption in the editor, you must:
- Select the element
- Click the caption: the caption is in edit and it can be modified.
To configure the layout of caption or its position, select "Color/Style/Font" from the popup menu of element.
: To copy the formatting of an element, click
found in the toolbar of modeling editor.
Image (Image element only)
Path of image that will be displayed in the Image element. The "Catalog" button also allows you to select one of the images proposed by the image catalog
of WINDEV, WEBDEV, WINDEV Mobile. In this case, the selected image will be automatically copied into the directory of current project.
Path of file linked to the element. The linked file can be an element of current project or another file.
To link an element of the flexible modeling to a project element, you must:
- Drag and Drop the element from the project (from the "Project" pane for example) toward the requested modeling element.
- "Drag and Drop" the element from the project toward the modeling editor. In this case, a new element is created in the modeling.
To modify the link between the element of the modeling and a project element:
- Check whether the "Project explorer" pane is displayed in your environment ("Display .. Toolbars .. Panes .. Project explorer").Check whether the "Project explorer" pane is displayed in your environment: on the "Home" pane, in the "Environment" group, expand "Panes" and select "Project explorer".
- Display the description of the modeling element.
- Click on and keep the left mouse button down.
- Move the mouse toward the new project element to link in the "Project explorer" pane.
- Release the left mouse button when it is located above the requested element. The new link appears in the description window of the modeling element.
Note: This operation does not apply to the "Windows", "Reports" and "Component" elements of the flexible modeling. In this case, to modify the link, the element must be deleted and re-created.
If the modeling element is linked to a project element
, the modeling element contains the
icon. This down arrow indicates that a link was established: a double click performed on the element is used to directly open the linked object. You can also select "Open the linked element" from the popup menu of the element.
In the different editors, you also have the ability to identify the elements found in a modeling. A specific button is displayed in the description of the project element when this element is linked to a modeling.
If a single modeling is linked to the element, a click performed on the button will open the modeling.
If several models are linked to the element, a click performed on the button will allow you to select the modeling to open.
The automation level is used to find out and display the automation level of the current element.
If "Automation level" is checked, the level of automation will be displayed in icon format in the modeling.
The available automation levels are:
- Automatic computerized process.
- Computerized process with manual intervention.
- Manual process.
The actors are the persons who are taking part into the task described by the element.
To configure the actors found in the different lists, click the "Edit the actors" button. See Properties of the modeling
for more details.
- Manager: Person responsible for the described element.
- Developer: Person responsible for developing the element.
- User: Person who uses the application for instance.
Several people can be selected for each type of responsibility.
If a single person is selected, you have the ability to get his personal details (address, phone number, email, ...).
The "Displayed" box allows you to specify whether the information typed must be displayed (or not) in the modeling.
The style options of the selected element are used to define all the style characteristics of the selected element. You have the ability to select:
- the font used, its size, its attributes (bold, italic, ...), its color, its alignment.
- the background color of the element, the color of its border, its style and thickness.
When modifying the style of an element, you can:
- Create a new style in the modeling. In this case, the style can be re-used by another element.
- Modify the current element only.
This page is also available for…
Click [Add] to post a comment