To implement the user groupware in a WINDEV application, a single option is enough: on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "User groupware". The window for configuring the user groupware is used to define:
- The mode for integrating the user groupware.
- The mode for starting the user groupware.
- The location of the data files of user groupware.
- The mode for identifying the user.
- The use of a specific connection service.
Integration mode of user groupware
Several modes can be used to integrate the user groupware:
- Automatic user groupware: the entire programming of user groupware is automatically included in your application. No customization can be done. The skin template of project is automatically applied to all the windows used by the user groupware.
This integration mode is used to automatically follow the possible evolutions of user groupware.
- Custom user groupware: the entire programming of user groupware is automatically included in your application via an internal component. All windows required to manage the user groupware (login and user management) are automatically added to your project. This allows you to customize all the windows used by the user groupware.
The different windows found in the user groupware are presented in details in the online help.
Starting the user groupware
Two modes can be used to start the user groupware:
- Auto run: The login window of user groupware is started before any other application window. The initialization code of project is run once the login window is opened and validated.
- Manual start: The login window will be opened only if gpwOpen is called. This option is used to run the initialization code of the project before opening the login window. This makes it possible, for example, to display a window requesting the language in which the application must be run.
Automatic login in test mode
You can specify the login and password that will be used in "Automatic test" mode. This information will be used if an automatic test is run on the application.
Data files of user groupware
The user groupware uses several specific data files. These data files are mainly used to manage the application users, groups, rights and elements.
The user groupware can be used:
- with HFSQL Classic data files. In this case, the "Files" tab is used to specify (if necessary) the location of data files.
- with HFSQL Client/Server data files. In this case, the "Files" tab is used to define the parameters for accessing the HFSQL Client/Server database as well as the file directory.
The password of data files
By default, the data files found in the user groupware have a specific password. This password is: "PCSGPW2001".
To change this password, type the new password in the "Files" tab of the user groupware description window. The characters typed are displayed as stars.
Remark: This password is used when re-indexing or opening data files with WDMAP for example.
See the online help for more details.
The user groupware proposes several modes for identifying users:
- Identification managed by the user groupware of WINDEV.
- Identification from an LDAP directory.
- Windows identification.
Identification managed by the user groupware
The login and password are saved in the data files of user groupware.
Identification from an LDAP directory
If the company of your customer uses an LDAP directory, you have the ability to branch the user groupware onto this directory. To do so, specify the characteristics of LDAP directory (server, port, database, ...) in the "Identification" tab. Therefore, the
account and the password found in the LDAP directory will be automatically asked to the user.
Two modes are available:
- Without management of rights: In this case, no groupware file will be created. If the application is started in automatic mode, the login window will ask the user to identify himself. If the user is saved in the LDAP directory, the application will start ; otherwise, it will be closed. A supervisor cannot configure the rights on the windows.
- With management of rights: Only the users found in the LDAP directory can connect. The rights can be configured on the windows.
See the online help for more details.
Remark: The user groupware operates with Active Directory. It does not operate with openLDAP.
In this case, the login and password correspond to the ones defined for using Windows.
Remark: You also have the ability to use a unique authentication. In this case, the login and password will be requested once only for each session.
Specific connection service
The "Registration" tab allows you to authorize the use of a specific connection service. For the specified service, it is necessary to specify the corresponding identifiers (provided when registering the application with the selected service).