- Default events
- Optional events
- Optional event: After running OCR on the selected region
Events associated with an Image Editor control
WINDEV manages the following events by default (in order of appearance in the code editor):
|Whenever modifying||Executed each time the Image Editor control is modified. |
|Initializing||Executed when the window is opened. *|
|Before closing a document||Run before closing the image in the Image Editor control. |
|After loading a document||Run once the image was loaded in the Image Editor control. |
(*) By default, the "Initializing" event of each control is executed according to the order in which the controls were created in the window. To modify this order of execution:
- On the "Window" tab, in the "Order" group, click "Initialization".
- In the window that appears, use the arrows on the right to change the order in which the controls are initialized.
Several optional events are supported.
To add an optional event:
- Select the desired control.
- Display the code window of this control (F2 key).
- Click the link "Add other events to xxx" at the bottom of the window code, after the last event.
- All the optional events available for the control are displayed.
- Check the optional event to add and validate.
Remark: You can select several optional events.
- The selected optional event is automatically added to the events managed by the control.
To disable an optional event, simply perform the same operations to display the list of optional events. Then simply uncheck the optional events to delete.
Remark: If the disabled code contains WLanguage code, this code is automatically deleted.
You can manage the following aspects, for example:
- the mouse hover over the control,
- left mouse button down, up, double click,
- right mouse button down, up, double click,
- mouse wheel, etc.
New in version 28
Optional event: After running OCR on the selected region
The Image Editor control includes a specific optional event: "After running OCR on the selected region". This event sets up a specific action to be performed when the user selects "OCR" in the Image Editor ribbon. By default, the text on which OCR is run is copied to the clipboard. This event allows you to perform a specific process on the retrieved text, for example.