- Characteristics of the columns in a Table control in a window
- Image of column title
- Resize column
- Sortable column
- Movable column
- Search (Search icon / Filter)
- Export and print
- Fixed column, anchored column
- Fixed column
- Anchored column
- Progress Bar column
- Progress bar with a different upper bound for each row of the Table control
- Properties that can be used on a Progress Bar cell
- Calculated column and Check Box column (Table control populated programmatically and with in-memory data source)
- Calculated column and Check Box column
- Style of Check Box columns
- Other characteristics of Check Box columns
Characteristics of the columns in a Table control in a window
The columns are used to display information in a Table control. The same type of information is displayed in the same column.
Remark: The columns in the TreeView Table controls have the same characteristics as the columns in the Table controls.
The following types of data can be displayed in a column:
- Combo Box
- Progress Bar
- Check Box
(not available in Java and in WINDEV Mobile)
: To call gImage
in a column, use a Text column.
Specific characteristics can be configured for each type of column.
The programming of each type of column corresponds to the programming of the corresponding control.
Characteristics of the columns in a Table control in a window
Most characteristics of the columns found in a Table control are configured in the "General" tab of the characteristics of each column.
Image of column title
This option allows you to define the image that will be used as the background image of the column title.
If a column is resizable:
- The user can change the size of the columns with the mouse.
- This column will be automatically resized with the "Adjust all columns" option in the context menu of the column header.
- You can resize columns using TableAdjust.
- You can make columns resize to fit their content by using AAFExecute with the aafAdjustAllColumns constant.
The user will be able to sort the column via a click performed on its header. This option is available:
- for all columns in a Table or TreeView Table control populated programmatically.
- for some columns in the Table control based on a data file (only columns based on key items and without filter).
The "Options" button allows you to define the characteristics of the sort on Text columns.
When the "Customize sort" option is checked, you can select the sorting mode or the desired sorting combinations. Tip: Enable the "gXXX functions" option
: This option allows you to sort the column according to the content defined with gLink
To use this feature, simply call gLink
in the display event of a row. For example, to display the dates in fully readable format and sort the column by date, the row display code is:
sSortableDate is string
// Gets the gLink for the sort + value to display
sSortableDate = gLink(dDate) + DateToDayInAlpha(dDate) + " " + ...
dDate.Day + " " + DateToMonthInAlpha(dDate)+ " " + dDate.Year
// Displays the date in a fully readable format and sorts data
TableAddLine(TABLE_Orders, Order.OrderInternalNumber, sSortableDate, ... )
Remark: At runtime, the
icons indicate the sort direction of the column. You can customize the images used. For more details, see Configuring the titles of the columns found in a Table control
Programming: The sort can also be performed through programming via the following functions:
|TableSort||Used to sort the content of a Table or TreeView Table control on one or more columns|
|TableSortChild||Used to sort a branch of a TreeView Table control on one or more columns (lexicographical sort).|
property allows you to define the sorting options.
The user will be able to move the column in the Table control and to change the order in which the columns are displayed.
Search (Search icon / Filter)
The user will be able to implement a "Starts with" filter in the column. Only the elements starting with the letters typed for the column will be displayed.
Two methods are available:
- The user types the sought word directly. This search is automatically performed in the sorted column.
- Clicking a column header with a search icon opens an edit control. The user will only have to type the sought word.
The search icon is available:
- for all the columns in a Table control populated programmatically.
- for the columns of Table controls based on a data file with automatic iteration (only sortable columns based on key items, and without filter).
Caution: The search icon is not available:
- for items associated with a multi-file link.
- for the Table controls that use a non-proportional scrollbar ("Proportional scrollbar" unchecked in the "Details" tab of the description window of the Table control).
Programming: This feature can be performed through programming via the following functions:
|TableSearch||Searches for a value in a column of a Table or TreeView Table control based on a data file or populated programmatically.|
|TableSearchChild||Searches for a value in a column of a TreeView Table control, in a specified branch.|
Export and print
The table column can be taken into account during the print and in the exports:
- If the column is visible in the window.
Remark: This option will be taken into account:
Fixed column, anchored column
A fixed column will always remain displayed during the horizontal scroll of the Table columns. If the column is not fixed, it will move along with the other columns. The fixed columns are always located on the left of the Table control.
You can set the number of fixed columns in the Table control description ("Details" tab, Number of columns fixed to the left). The first x columns will be fixed.
The anchored column is the column onto which the anchoring options will be applied. The column width will change according to the size of the window and the Table control.
You can define:
- the number of the anchored column in the "General" tab of the Table control description.
- the anchor rate in width of a column in the "UI" tab of the description window of the column.
The configuration of the progress bar is performed in the "General" tab of the column description. You can configure:
- the initial value of the progress bar,
- the maximum value of progress bar,
- the active image and the background image.
The "Details" tab of the column description is used to configure the display of the progress percentage, ...
Progress bar with a different upper bound for each row of the Table control
You have the ability to display a progress bar with a different upper bound for each row. In this case, you must:
- Assign the MaxValue property to 100 for the column.
- Perform the desired calculation in the display code of the row:
<Progress Bar column> = <Value of Progress Bar>*100/<Max Value>
Properties that can be used on a Progress Bar cell
You can use the MaxValue
properties on the Progress Bar cells using the following syntax:
<Column name>[<Row number>].MaxValue = <Value>
<Column name>[<Row number>].MinValue = <Value>
Calculated column and Check Box column (Table control populated programmatically and with in-memory data source)
Calculated column and Check Box column
You can create calculated columns in a Table control with in-memory data source: these columns are not linked to a data file. These columns can display a calculation, for example, ...
"Check Box" columns in a Table control with in-memory data source are specific calculated columns. When scrolling through the control, checked boxes keep their selected state.
Remark: In Table control with direct access to the data source, calculated Check Box columns (not linked to an item) are lost when scrolling through the rows.
Style of Check Box columns
You can define the style of the check boxes found in the columns: you can choose the image that will be used when the option is selected, for example.
To define the style of Check Box columns:
- Open the Table control description window.
- In the "Style" tab, select the "Check Box column" element. You can:
- select the checkmark style among one of the preset styles.
- choose a specific image for representing the checkmark ("Checkmark style" option corresponding to "Checkmark image").
Other characteristics of Check Box columns
The Check Box columns also propose the following features:
- Context menu used to check/uncheck table rows and to filter them. For more details, see Context menu of Check Box columns (AAF).
- Option to hide unchecked boxes in read-only Table controls ("Hide the checkmark if unchecked (read-only)" option in the "Details" tab of the column description window or EmptyIfZero property).
Unit examples (WINDEV): Style for displaying the table cells
Unit examples (WINDEV): Custom Calculations
Unit examples (WINDEV): The Table/TreeView Table control (Progress Bar columns)
This page is also available for…