- Defining the calculations to perform
- Configuring the position of the calculations
Calculations in the columns of a Table control
When a Table control contains numeric data, it may be useful to get the total of a column or count the number of elements.
WINDEV allows you to automatically perform and display calculations on columns:
Examples of calculations performed in the columns of a Table control:
- the total number of parts ordered,
- the number of students with an email address,
- the average sum spent by each customer.
Defining the calculations to perform
To perform one or more calculations on a column:
- Open the Table control description window ("Description" in the context menu).
- Select the column for which a calculation must be performed.
- Go to the "Details" tab of the column (in the lower part of the screen).
- Select the calculations to perform:
- sum of the cells in the column,
- average of the cells in the column,
- count of non-null values in the column. If the Table control contains merged cells, they are considered as having a null value.
- minimum value of the column cells.
- maximum value of the column cells. Remark: The available calculations depend on the type of column. The counter is available for all types of columns.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for all the columns for which a calculation must be performed.
Configuring the position of the calculations
To configure the position of the calculations:
- Go to the "General" tab of the Table control (to do so, select the name of the Table control and click "General").
- In "Show results", indicate where the totals will appear. To display the results:
- on one or more rows added directly after the last row of the control, select "After the last row, in the Table control".
For example:These rows only appear:
- at the bottom of the Table control if the control includes no vertical scrollbar.
- when the vertical scrollbar is located at the very bottom if the Table control includes a vertical scrollbar.
- below the Table control, select "Below the Table control".
For example:These rows are always visible.
- you can also perform automatic calculations without displaying them ("No display").
- If necessary, change the text displayed to the left of the calculations ("Modify captions").
- Validate the Table control description window.
This page is also available for…