- Features of the dialog box
- Line break in the dialog box
- Application in the background: Specific case from Android 10
In french: AvertissementAsynchrone
Displays a custom message in a non-blocking system warning window.
- This is a non-blocking warning window. The WLanguage code that follows the call to WarningAsynchronous continues to run. To close the window, the user must click the OK button to validate. When the user clicks "OK", the code of a WLanguage procedure can be run.
- In the WLanguage code following the call to the function, another modal window cannot be opened before closing the dialog box.
- WINDEV allows you to apply the skin template of your project to this dialog box. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes.
WarningAsynchronous("This action could not be validated" + ...
CR + "Contact the application manager", Procedure_ValidationOK)
INTERNAL PROCEDURE Procedure_ValidationOK()
ToastDisplay("Reminder: Action not validated")
WarningAsynchronous(<Text> [, <WLanguage procedure>])
<Text>: Character string
Text to display.
<WLanguage procedure>: Optional name of procedure or lambda procedure
Name of the WLangage procedure ("callback") called when the user clicks "OK" in the warning window.
This WLanguage procedure can correspond to:
If this parameter is not specified, no procedure is run when the user clicks "OK" in the warning window.
- a name of a global procedure,
- a name of an internal procedure,
- a lambda procedure.
Features of the dialog box
- The title of the dialog box corresponds to the title of the current window (or page).
To comply with the system specifications, the title of dialog box is empty by default. To define this title, use NextTitle.
- To modify or define the title of dialog box, use NextTitle.
- The message is aligned to the left.
- The button caption depends on the runtime language of Windows.
- The maximum number of characters cannot exceed 4096. If a larger string is passed as parameter, it will be truncated.
- The icon displayed (exclamation mark in yellow triangle) cannot be modified.
To customize this dialog box
(and all the system dialog boxes in your application), check "Customize system windows (Info, YesNo, Confirm, Dialog)" in the "Style" tab of the project description. For more details, see Customizing dialog boxes
Line break in the dialog box
The CR string (Carriage Return) can be used to force a break to the next line. For example:
WarningAsynchronous("The XXX form was modified." + CR + ...
"Any new modification must be validated.")
You also have the ability to use the syntax of multiline strings. For example:
This operation was not validated.
Contact the application provider.
- Timers (TimerSys) are not stopped when this function is called.
- Windows events are not stopped when this function is called.
- DelayBeforeClosing limits how long the message is displayed. The dialog box is automatically closed. For question or confirmation dialog boxes, the default button corresponds to the expected answer.
- The caption of the button is displayed in the language used by Windows on the current computer.
Application in the background: Specific case from Android 10
From Android 10, it is no longer possible to open a window when the application is in the background.
WarningAsynchronous can open a window. If this function is used while the application is in the background, a fatal error will occur.
- It is possible to determine if the application is in the background using InBackgroundMode.
- If an application needs to interact with the user while it is in the background, the solution is to display a notification (via the Notification type). The application will be brought back to the foreground when the notification is clicked, if the ActivateApplication property is set to True. You can also open a window from the procedure passed to the ActionClick property.
This page is also available for…