- How to program charts?
- Creating charts through programming
- Charts and threads
- Default values of a chart (in a window or in a page)
Programming charts (prefix syntax)
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile include a Chart control (that can be used in the window editor, page editor and report editor) as well as several functions used to create and handle charts.
Using charts in WEBDEV Linux and in WINDEV LinuxTo use the charts in Linux, the QT library (Core and GUI) version 5 (or later) must be installed.
In Ubuntu, this library can be installed with the following commands:
sudo apt-get install libqtcore5
sudo apt-get install libqtgui5
Creating charts through programming
WINDEV, WEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile include several functions for handling charts. These functions allow you to create the charts, to modify them, to change the display options...
The following operations are used to create the charts:
- Create the chart with grCreate.
- Initialize the chart data with the following functions:
- Choose the display destination of the chart with the following functions:
- Draw the chart with <Chart>.Draw.
Several functions are used to configure and modify the appearance of the chart. You have the ability to display a legend, the title of axes, ... For more details, see the list of functions for chart management
You cannot create charts through programming. Only Chart controls are available.
Charts and threads
A single chart can be handled in a thread.
- Two threads cannot handle the same chart.
- A chart created in a thread is automatically destroyed at the end of this thread. The chart exists in the thread that contains the call to grCreate.
This page is also available for…