- How to proceed?
- Configuring, using and customizing the user groupware
- Operating mode of the user groupware
A Windows application, an Internet or Intranet site require to define the role of different contributors. It is often necessary to define several access levels according to the user. Indeed, all users do not have the same responsibilities or the same requirements. Their ability to use some of the application features can be customized.
Let's take a simple example: an application for sales management proposes the following features:
- Viewing the price list.
- Modifying the price list.
- Entering orders.
- Entering customers.
The accesses differ according to the user. Some examples:
- the administrative assistants can see the price list and create orders.
- the sales people can see the price list, place orders and create new customers.
- the sales directors have access to all options.
To manage these access levels in your WINDEV applications or in you WEBDEV sites, all you have to do is include the user groupware in your application or in your site. In just a few mouse clicks, a standard application can be changed into an application that manages several access levels. This feature can be easily implemented in a WINDEV application or in a WEBDEV site.
When starting the application or the site, the manager will be able to create users (identified by their login and password) and to give them access to some features of the site or application.
- The user groupware is available:
- in WINDEV applications (Windows and Linux).
- in dynamic WEBDEV sites (in Session or AWP mode) running on Windows and Linux.
- in a mixed AWP/Standard site. In this case (project containing AWP pages and pages in Standard mode), the connection from an AWP page is transmitted to the standard section.
- The user groupware is not available in static, PHP or Ajax sites.
- The encryption of the passwords found in the user groupware is enabled by default when the user groupware is included in a project. To enable this option in an existing groupware, see Encrypting passwords.
To implement the User Groupware in your application: on the "Project" pane, in the "Project" group, click "User groupware". For more information on the different options available, see Options of user groupware
Configuring, using and customizing the user groupware
For more details on the user groupware, see:
Operating mode of the user groupware
An application that is using the user groupware includes two levels:
- the user level
The user connects to the application via a login window/page and he can access the features that have been allowed for him.
- the supervisor level
The supervisor connects to the application via a login window/page and he can access an advanced menu allowing him to configure the users and their rights, or to start the application. The configuration window/page allows the supervisor to:
- start the application.
- configure the groupware.
Configuring the groupware consists in creating users and groups, associating users with groups as well as managing the rights granted to each user (or group) on each window/page found in the application. The rights can be defined for the menu options, for the groups of controls and for the controls. The supervisor can gray these elements, or make them inactive or invisible. These configurations have priority over any configuration defined in the program.
For more information on the groupware configuration defined by the supervisor, see:
- The information regarding the users and their rights is stored in files in HFSQL format. These files can be common to several applications.
- The user groupware in French version is not compatible with the user groupware in International version: different analysis, different file names, variables with different names, etc.
In WEBDEV, the user groupware stores the IP addresses of the Web users who are using the Web site if the history is enabled.
Training (WINDEV): WD User Groupware
This page is also available for…
Novo Exemplo de Groupware com MS SQL Server
Acessando o groupware usando o banco de dados Ms SQL Server com o driver nativo
ok1, ok2 is boolean
myConn is Connection
myConn..Provider = hNativeAccessSQLServer
myConn..User = "adriano"
myConn..Password = "adriano@2016"
myConn..Source = "192.168.0.1\Projeto01"
myConn..Database = "Projeto01"
myConn..Access = hOReadWrite
ok1 = HOpenConnection(myConn)
ok2 = gpwOpenConnection(myConn)
If ok1 = true and ok2 = true
IF gpwInitAnalysis() = False THEN
Info("Conexão ok com o banco de dados SQL Server e ativou o groupware")
IF ok = False THEN
Info("Falha ao tentar conectar no Servidor")
Info("Conectou com sucesso no banco de dados!")
How to list groupware user in a combobox?
sDBRootPath is string //diretorio dos arquivos no HFSQL
sDBRootPath = HSetServer(IS2AutomotiveHFSQL,hDatabasePath)
sDBRGPWootPath is string //diretorio dos arquivos do GroupWare no HFSQL
sDBRGPWootPath = sDBRootPath + "\" + IS2AutomotiveHFSQL..Database + "\Gpw_IS2Automotive\"
sNomeArquivoUsuarios is string = "GPU_User.FIC"
dsUsuarios is Data Source
HDeclareExternal(sDBRGPWootPath + sNomeArquivoUsuarios,dsUsuarios,"PCSGPW2001")
WHILE NOT HOut(dsUsuarios)