- Google Cloud Print
- Operating mode on the phone
- Required permissions
- Application in the background: Specific case from Android 10
In french: GglImprimeDocument
From version 27
, This function is no longer available, as Google Cloud Print was discontinued. It is now recommended to use iPrintPDF
Prints a document (text or PDF file, images, Word or Excel document, ...) by using the Cloud Print service of Google.
sPath is string = CompleteDir(SysDirStorageCard()) + "invoice.pdf"
IF NOT GglPrintDocument(sPath)
Error("The document was not printed.")
<Result> = GglPrintDocument(<Path>)
Remark: You cannot find out whether the beginning of the print was validated by the user.
- True if the request for printing was performed (which means if the window for printer selection was displayed),
- False otherwise. To get more details on the error, use ErrorInfo.
<Path>: Character string
Name and full (or relative) path of the document to print. This parameter can correspond to :
- a file found in the application directory.
- a file found on the external memory (SDCard).
- a file included in the application from the generation wizard. In this case, only the name of the file and its extension are required. The file does not have to be extracted beforehand.
- an online resource. In this case, the URL of the resource must be prefixed by "http" (or "https").
Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print is a free service that is used to send, on the Google servers, the files that will be printed on the preset printers. Therefore, the print is performed via Internet.
To use the Google Cloud Print service:
- Configure the printers on the site of Google Cloud Print.
- In the application, use GglPrintDocument.
Operating mode on the phone
GglPrintDocument opens several pages in the current application.
- If the user is not connected, a page for connecting to Google is displayed. In this page, you must type the login and password of the Google account that was used to define the printers.
- A page proposes the different available printers. All you have to do is select the requested printer to define the print options and to start the final print.
The call to this function modifies the permissions required by the application.
Required permission: INTERNET: this permission allows the applications to open the network sockets.
Application in the background: Specific case from Android 10
From Android 10, it is no longer possible to open a window when the application is in the background.
GglPrintDocument can open a window. If this function is used while the application is in the background, a fatal error will occur.
- It is possible to determine if the application is in the background using InBackgroundMode.
- If an application needs to interact with the user while it is in the background, the solution is to display a notification (via the Notification type). The application will be brought back to the foreground when the notification is clicked, if the ActivateApplication property is set to True. You can also open a window from the procedure passed to the ActionClick property.
Cross-platform examples (WINDEV Mobile): WM Expense Account