From version 16 (56)
, this feature is kept for backward compatibility. It is recommended to use TableSelect
Returns the column number corresponding to one of the columns selected in a Table control.
- The Table control must allow the selection mode by column. This option can be configured in the "GUI" tab of the Table control description.
- To find out the number of selected columns, use TableColumnSelectOccurrence.
NbColSelection is int
ColNum is int
NbColSelection = TableColumnSelectOccurrence(TABLE_TABLE1)
Trace("TableColumnSelectOccurrence() = " + NbColSelection)
FOR i = 1 TO NbColSelection
ColNum = TableColumnSelect(TABLE_TABLE1,i)
Trace("The column " + ColNum + " is selected")
<Result> = TableColumnSelect(<Table control> , <Index>)
- Number of the selected column. The number of the first column is set to 1.
- -1 if an error occurred.
<Table control>: Control name
Name of the Table control to be used.
Index of the selection. The index of the first selected element is set to 1. If <Index> is greater than the number of selected columns, <Result> is set to -1.
To allow the selection of a column, you must enable in the characteristics of Table control:
- the "Columns" selection mode (simple or multiple selection) in the "UI" tab of the description window of the Table control.
- the "Cells" selection mode (multiple selection) in the "UI" tab of the description window of the Table control.
The end user can select the columns by clicking the header of the column (like for a sort).