From version 16
, this feature is no longer available.
Initializes an access to a PALM database.
PalmLoad is used to create a "view" of data found in one of the Palm Pilot databases (Notepad, Organizer, Task list or Address book). All the records found in the specified database are loaded in memory and can be used by PALM functions.
You have the ability to handle the records corresponding to a specific access. You have the ability to filter these records, read these records, ... You also have the ability to add, modify or delete records.
MyMemo is string // String containing the message found in the notepad
// Opens an access named "JEFFACCESS"
// on the PALM "Notepad" database of JEFF user
IF PalmLoad("JEFFACCESS","JEFF", palmDBMemo) = False THEN
Error("Error while accessing the PALM database" + ErrorInfo())
MyMemo = PalmReadFirst("JEFFACCESS")
<Result> = PalmLoad(<Access Name> , <User Name> [, <Type of Accessed Database>])
- True if the access to the PALM database was initialized,
- False otherwise. To find out the error details, use ErrorInfo.
If successful, the first record is automatically selected. The variables of the Palm structure are automatically updated.
<Access Name>: Character string (with quotes)
Name identifying the access to the PALM database. This name is chosen when developing the WINDEV application. No specific constraint is defined for this name. The name of the access is used to easily identify the access that will be handled in the different PALM functions.
Several accesses to the same database can be defined simultaneously for the same user.
<User Name>: Character string (with quotes)
Name of database owner. This user must be recognized by the HotSync software, supplied with the Palm Pilot. The list of user names recognized by HotSync is returned by PalmListUsers.
<Type of Accessed Database>: Optional Integer constant
Database used by the access:
|palmDBAddress||Database of the address book|
|palmDBOrganizer||Database of the calendar|
|Database of the notepad|
|palmDBTask||Database of the task list|
Defining several accesses to a PALM database
You can define several simultaneous accesses to a PALM database. These accesses can use:
- the Notepad, Address, Calendar or Task databases of a single user: the data will only be loaded once in memory. For example, you can define an access containing only the records from the WORK category at the same time as an access containing the records from the CUSTOM category. Each one of these accesses will be identified by its name.
- the Notepad, Address, Calendar or Task databases of several users.
Conditions for using PalmLoad
To load the PALM data:
- Have HOTSYNC.EXE (synchronization tool of Palm Pilot) installed on the current computer.
- The data must have been synchronized once.
Special case: Using OUTLOOK or another PALM data manager (other than PalmDeskTop)
If the data coming from your Palm Pilot is not displayed in the PalmDeskTop manager, you will not be able to use the PALM database from a WINDEV application. In this case, use PalmReset
to re-initialize your configuration.Caution
: if you are using PalmReset
, your PALM data will no longer be accessible from OUTLOOK.