Automatically initializes the controls found in a window or in a page with:
- the values of the associated items in the current record (loaded in memory) of the HFSQL data file described in the data model editor. This operation is performed regardless of the status of the controls (grayed, inactive or invisible).
- the values of the associated WLanguage variables. This operation is performed regardless of the status of the controls (grayed, inactive or invisible).
Only the link with the items of a data file is supported. The link with the WLanguage variables is not supported in this version.
Note: SourceToScreen performs no read operation on the data file. The value of the record loaded in memory is used to initialize the controls. Therefore, a record must be loaded in memory beforehand:
This function is now available for the WINDEV applications in Linux.
Note: From version 19, HFSQL is the new name of HyperFileSQL.
HReadSeekFirst(CUSTOMER, NAME, "PAUL")
IF HFound() = True THEN
// Read the record and
// transfer the items to the controls
SourceToScreen([<Window Name> [, <Source Name>]])
<Window Name>: Optional character string (with or without quotes)
Name of the window or page containing the controls to initialize.
If this parameter is not specified or if it corresponds to an empty string (""), the window to which the current code belongs is used.
If this parameter is specified, it must correspond to the name of the current page. Otherwise, an error occurs.
<Source Name>: Optional character string (with quotes)
Name (between quotes) of the source to which the controls to update are linked. This source can be:
If this name is not specified, all the window controls that have a link with a data file described in the data model editor or with a WLanguage variable are taken into account.
- The name of a data file: only the controls that have a link with this data file are taken into account.
- The name of a WLanguage variable: only the controls that have a link with this WLanguage variable are taken into account.
- If the name of the variable is enclosed in quotes, the link will be performed with the specified variable.
- If the name of the variable is not enclosed in quotes, the link will be performed with the content of the variable (variable containing the name of another variable for example).
Link between a control and a WLanguage variable or between a control and an item of a data file
The link between a control and a WLanguage variable or between a control and an item of a data file can be known:
- In the editor, in the description window of the control ("Link" tab).
- By programming, with ..Filelink.
Link with an item: types of links
Two types of links can be found between a control and an item:
- direct link: In this case, SourceToScreen transfers the value of the items found in the record loaded in memory into the linked control, without performing any read operation.
- link by search in a linked data file.
- Auto-filled combo boxes linked to a HFSQL data file: SourceToScreen must not be found in the declaration code of the global variables of the window. The function must be used in the initialization code of the window.
- The space characters found in the in HFSQL items are kept.
- SourceToScreen assigns the image controls linked to image memo items.
- SourceToScreen manages the NULL value. If the content of the item corresponds to NULL, an empty string will be displayed in the associated edit control. To modify this display mode, use ControlError.
- SourceToScreen does not operate with the views. The items must be assigned one by one to the controls.